Nevada-Las Vegas

Chapel of the Flowers brides come in!!

I think we have decided on having our ceremony here. I am curious as to what package you chose, which area/chapel are you using and what has your experience been with them so far?? I know I don't need the flower option and wonder if they can customize a package?? I can't imagine spending hundres of dollars on a bouquet that I can make myslef for $20!

We will be having a very small ceremony (less than 10 guests) and I want the ceremony to happen after it gets dark. I want soft, romantic lighting and think the Chapel of the Flowers is perfect for my vision!! :)

Re: Chapel of the Flowers brides come in!!

• MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married there last year and had a wonderful experience. Everyone was very professional and courteous. We used the Victorian chapel. I believe we had the regal package and added an additional photography package because we wanted lots of photos.

They will customize and do pretty much anything you want. Be sure to ask your coordinator about bringing in your own bouquet though. According to their website, COF does NOT allow you bring in outside flowers.

Happy planning!
  • n82ureluvr915n82ureluvr915 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmmm, I didn't think about the fact that they wouldn't allow me to bring in my own flowers. Thanks for the heads up!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at COF in November. So far they have been very helpful and I like that I can go to their web page and speak to someone immediately. I suggest if you have questions about customizing a plan you go there. I am getting married in the Glass gardens at 7pm. I originally picked Mandalay Bay but I really wanted to get married outside at night and COF was perfect for that. The price is great even adding transportation for my family. It will only be 15- 20 in attendance. Alot of people complain about the area around the facilities but its Vegas. It was a little more for the glass gardens package but you may be able to book the smaller gazebo package. The gazebo is only available early morning and late evening (8pm)
  • edited December 2011
    .....hmmmmm.....dare I ask?
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in the Magnolia Chapel in May (although I might see if I can change to the La Capella, not sure yet) - the coordinator I made arrangements with was very accomodating and not pushy.  I chose the Traditional ceremony ($100 discount since I'm getting married on a Friday) and added items that suited our taste/priorities.

My understanding of their wedding agreement is that if you choose to bring your own outside flowers (even silk ones) then you forfeit the right to any of their floral arrangements. So if you were to pick a package was $495 and included flowers, you couldn't ask to remove those flowers and pay a lower price.  You would still have to pay full price and would not have access to those flowers. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    Hey I actually booked my ceremony there and got the Cherish Package.I was going to make and get my own flowe bouquet but they said we are not allowed to. The only flowers allowed on their site is their florist flowers. But they can definitely customize a package for you!

Good Luck!
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my ceremony there and picked the Luxurious Ceremony, and added on floral upgrades and extra bouts/corsages.

I got married in the Glass Gardens at sunset -- it was beautiful, and the lighting looks great in the photos.

When I asked about using an external florist for my bouquet, they said if I brought my own flowers in then I would forfeit all of the flowers in the package, and would not get a discount.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_chapel-of-flowers-brides-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:19fefbb6-5d2a-4bd4-a562-07a16c6751e0Post:78db50a4-88d8-4a60-b1ab-d16cbc59f468">Re: Chapel of the Flowers brides come in!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My understanding of their wedding agreement is that if you choose to bring your own outside flowers (even silk ones) then you forfeit the right to any of their floral arrangements. So if you were to pick a package was $495 and included flowers, you couldn't ask to remove those flowers and pay a lower price.  You would still have to pay full price and would not have access to those flowers. HTH
    Posted by sduran80[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification on this.  When I asked about this before, they told me about the $25 charge if I brought my own flowers but that the package would remain the same price...

I do have a picture (and list of items needed) for the bouquet I want so I may send that to them and see what they can do (and supposedly can be done in silk!).
  • edited December 2011
    Gribbles - your siggy is my fave photo from COF's brides (flower shower), I'm going to try really hard to recreate it!

• n82ureluvr915n82ureluvr915 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! I guess I will suck it up and use thier florist. I just hate spending money on something I know I can do for less. AJF021410, you can ask me anything you want.
  • edited December 2011
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_chapel-of-flowers-brides-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:19fefbb6-5d2a-4bd4-a562-07a16c6751e0Post:37705925-1fb5-4ffc-a94c-ca2764f10fb0">Re: Chapel of the Flowers brides come in!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies!! I guess I will suck it up and use thier florist. I just hate spending money on something I know I can do for less. AJF021410 , you can ask me anything you want.
    Posted by princessannie12[/QUOTE]

If you tell them what YOU want (and perhaps pics of what you'd like) I'm sure that they can work with you.  I will probably go this way with my flowers, but mine will be silk.
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_chapel-of-flowers-brides-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:19fefbb6-5d2a-4bd4-a562-07a16c6751e0Post:b1f033af-4e7b-4191-aaaf-06b3427810a4">Re: Chapel of the Flowers brides come in!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gribbles - your siggy is my fave photo from COF's brides (flower shower), I'm going to try really hard to recreate it!
    Posted by sduran80[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks! I love that photo as well, and have happy memories of what a lovely moment it was - everyone had handfuls of big plump rose petals and a smile on their face!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • mu55inmu55in member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the La Capella and will be upgrading my flowers and photo package, they really are great and your coordinator will help you out with anythin you need help with
  • edited December 2011
    For all you ladies that had your ceremony here, what did you guys do for your reception? We are considering COF for May or June next year and we think it would only be 15-20 people coming, anyone know of a nice restaurant to have a group dinner or something along those lines?
  • edited December 2011
    Just booked my wedding for April. Iwas looking at your pictures and love your bouquet. Did COF make that? If so, could you tell me what you ordered. I LOVE it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_chapel-of-flowers-brides-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:19fefbb6-5d2a-4bd4-a562-07a16c6751e0Post:3ff3bf8a-a81d-4e7f-8684-2fe7323cb2d4">Re: Chapel of the Flowers brides come in!!</a>:
    [QUOTE].....hmmmmm.....dare I ask?
    Posted by AJF021410[/QUOTE]

Dare you ask if the post above your's is a vendor?
  • I'm considering COF for my wedding ceremony.  What are you doing for your reception?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards