Chit Chat

Ideas to include older children

I am trying hard to think of ways to make my 17 and 12 year-old daughters feel included in the ceremony/reception. Their father and I are getting married after 20 years together and they are both in the bridal party, but we want to think of a special way to include them and make them feel special. PLEASE give me any ideas...Thank you

Re: Ideas to include older children

• Do they want to be involved more than they already are?  I think that making them both BMs is a wonderful way of including them above the fact that their parents are getting married.
  • I think the fact that you have included them in the bridal party will make them feel special enough but you could do what I am doing and give them a designated job.

I am having 3 girls My sister My best friend and My niece who is 12

My best friend is going to be my maid of honnor she has the most important job of all.  Organising my hens night playing messenger and signing the licence and being bride slave pretty much lol she all keen for it all!

My sister is going to be my bridesmaid I will hand her my flowers and she will give me my vows on note cards.

My niece is going to be my train/veil bearer it's her job to keep it off the ground and nice and clean

That way they all feel like they are there for a purpose and not just to look pretty.

Best of luck
  • I think they'll feel very special as members of the WP.  Getting ready with you, walking down the aisle, being in the pictures all make them special.

At the reception, I'd have each, if she wants to, have a special dance with dad.  I played a wedding for a bride who gained two dtep-daughters when she married their dad.  At the reception, after their dance, he had a dance with his DD's.  He started with one DD and halfway through switched to the other.  It was a sweet moment.  Perhaps you could do that.

GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards