March 2014 Weddings

Hi all! What color would you do for a winery wedding?

We're getting married on 3/8/14.....in St. Louis. Sometimes it's winterywinery still, sometimes spring like. I'm so unsure what I should do for my color though.

Re: Hi all! What color would you do for a winery wedding?

• Thans when i am getting married too... I am doing a black and white theme but you could mix the two color palets if you want. for example you could do an icy blue with a lemon yellow. then you have a little bit of both. :)
  • What color do you love? I'd go from there. You really can't go wrong.
  • I chose a wine theme...we are doing a soft palette. Lavender, cream, soft pink.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would do dark mulberry red, pale buttery yellow, pale spring yellow-green, and copper metallic. I'm a visual artist, so I think three or more colors is more fun.

I'd use copper metallic lettering on dark mulberry red stationary. This is more like a plum-red than burgundy would be.  Like the color of Chanel 'vamp' nailpolish.  Super dark. 

You could get chocolatey red colored roses, pale butterscotch yellow roses, baby fern leaves, and fern fronds for your bouquet.  Add some brunia berries and use copper metallic ribbon to wrap it.

You could offer flourless raspberry chocolate cake for your cake.  A chocolate mole sauce on chicken, serve a wine that has chocolate and berry elements.  There are lots of red foods with red/brown colors,  lots of beautiful spring green foods (endive, artichoke, asparagus, herbs like dill, white grapes, kiwi)

Stay away from actual red or purple, as they are so cliche (in respect to wine).  Use the spring yellow-green to compliment the mulberry. The copper (orange hued  metallic) is a great secondary compliment - I'm sure you are familar with the Color Wheel, so you know the best color pairings are generally opposites on the Color Wheel (green is opposite red, so a pale spring yellow-green works well with dark mulberry purple-red, and copper is great in as a metallic element on top of such a dark color.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_hi-all-what-color-would-you-do-for-a-winery-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:eedb3065-8ace-4b2f-bdab-efc27f622e67Post:5866a673-8c41-4c90-a187-5e7e1924c56d">Hi all! What color would you do for a winery wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married on 3/8/14.....in St. Louis. Sometimes it's winterywinery still, sometimes spring like. I'm so unsure what I should do for my color though.
    Posted by mrskoch3814[/QUOTE]

<div>I am getting married at a vineyard for our winery wedding this August and we went with the "cliche" purple family...when those grapes are on the vine it will add in touches and purple and green</div><div>We have all different shades of purple from Royal Purple to Lavender...I'm getting lots of compliments and the bridesmaids love the dresses...when you choose offbeat colors the girls may not be big fans of wearing it...just something to think about ( I really want my girls to be happy)</div><div>
    </div><div>a couple little tips</div><div>1. Check out bridesmaid dresses because it may limit the color.  I went with David Levkoff and he didn't offer the color that I had imagined the dress would be.  But they still are going to look great.  </div><div>
    </div><div>2. after you pick your color head over to your local hardware store for some paint samples so you can always have your colors with you (besides a tiny swatch your might get) and you can give your florist a paint chip sample too!</div><div>Enjoy your planning!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards