Wedding Reception Forum

Winter wonderland.. need help!!!

Hi ladies. I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas. I've been googling like crazy, but I can't find anything that really feels like.. me. Frown I'm having a winter wonderland themed wedding and my colors are white, silver & David's Bridal Pool Blue. I think I kind of made things much harder on myself using the pool blue, but I just love it. I'm having a hard time deciding on my centerpieces. I like the idea of floating candles, the smaller white branches, vases but I don't know. I'm trying to go with the wonderland/rustic theme. I'm going to be making hot cocoa favors in mason jars, so I would like to incorporate that vibe throughout. Ahhh, I have so many ideas in my head, but I can't seem to organize them!! If you have any suggestions, or places I could see pictures, that would be grrreat!! Smile Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Winter wonderland.. need help!!!

• I love the centerpieces that are various size ornaments in the wedding colors, done in a large vase or bowl, like these

I thought this one with the rock candy was cute, too

If you like the ornament ones, check target once they get Christmas stuff in.  I have an apothecary jar in my bathroom and I got a big ol' tub of ornaments that I use to fill it for the winter that I think was only about $6.  They're plastic, but you can't tell the difference when they're sitting in a jar.  You could go super eclectic and use whatever glass containers you can find at thrift stores to hold them, if you're trying to save on budget.

• Oh - for general winter wonderland thoughts - my SILs wedding was winter wonderland in ivory, white and silver.  There were snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and they used those glass blocks (you get them at Lowe's or Home Depot) and put lights behind them for a cool effect under the cake.

Also, these are the ornaments I was talking about.  Looks like they're about $10 at Target when they get them in
  • Miranda2911Miranda2911 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I second the ornament idea--it will be really easy to oncroporate pool blue, because target uses such nice icy blue colors in their decorations.
    Miranda "Tea For Teacher" http://teaforteacher.wordpress.com
  • Thanks so much ladies!!! These are all wonderful ideas and I'm really liking some of them!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • go on pintrest you can find some great ideas on there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards