Nevada-Las Vegas

REVIEWS -- LONG -- 10/24/2010

First -- a huge thanks to all you Knotties.  The site, and all of you posting on this Vegas board in particular, were invaluable for planning a wedding from afar.    I write this in the hopes it will help some future bride(s).

TI Wedding chapel -- A.  Staff were very helpful, promptly answering a ton of questions in the weeks leading up to the wedding.  Wedding coordinator was on top of it that day.  We showed up & it all fell into place.  A call out to our excellent officiant --  even tonight, 2 months later,  guests are still complimenting us on his friendliness and the quality of the ceremony.   

Cashman photography -- B.  TI ceremony mandate to use Cashman.   We were too busy after the wedding to drop by and pick out photos, so they mailed us the proofs to review before ordering online.  I would have preferred a bit more instructional information on how to order the pre-paid photos that came in our wedding package….but have hopes that will all be cleared up (just ordered them yesterday).   Biggest complaint -- their prices (as everyone notes.  $10 for each 4x6 print?!) & their online ordering website.  Seriously?  I can't change/edit a picture number in a package in my shopping cart?   I have to remove the package with all its selections & start again.  Their online ordering tool is surprisingly lacking in basic features.    That said, I'm so glad we have the professional shots of the ceremony.  The photographer did an excellent job capturing memories. 

Bentley & Wilson.  A.   We booked Todd Wilson for the 2 hours following the ceremony… the walk over to the Venetian  and the first hour of the reception.  We were lucky to get him!  I can't believe the cool shots he got of us and our wedding party as we wandered around the Venetian.  The photographer was friendly and efficient, used the time allotted well, and really set up some nice shots.  Friends have used the words "stunning" and "wow" for some of his photos.    All I told him was that my fiance & I wanted to take advantage of the Venetian architecture & he knew just where to take us.  I think it took us no more than 45 minutes to complete the walk.  We actually had plenty of time to enjoy cocktail hour with our family & friends. 

Canaletto -- A.  Kelly Mendez was awesome.  She talked us through our decision on the right menu, worked through all the planning details with us, and was always professional, courteous, and more than helpful. There was a wide range of available menus, all including multiple entree choices, all at reasonable prices  (much less than comparable meals at other venues). We also appreciated the openness: we brought in our own flowers, desserts/cake. It was great not to be forced into a lot of pre-selected vendors.  We reserved the upstairs lobby room for a cocktail hour & appetizers for our 42 guests.  Then we moved to the Rialto room, with a great view of the Square and the Canal, for a full dinner.  The lack of a private audio system for the room was a negative.  We were surprised at how good the food and service was -- exceeding expectations.  We and our guests were well taken care of all night.

Freeds Bakery -- A.  Delicious cake!  Yum it tasted great.  And, they were able to match my inspiration picture perfectly.  Prices were in line with other quotes,  and my fiance & I really wanted to try their flavor almond cake with bavarian cream filling.  (It lived up to expectations)  The cake was delivered right to Canalettos and was set up & waiting for us when we arrived to enjoy the evening. 

Palazzo media suite -- C.  The room was gorgeous & big enough for all our guests for the after party --even with a pool table & a baby grand piano.  Our guests enjoyed themselves! Problem -- the suite was not available for early check in (yes I realize they can't guarantee early check in.  BUT, it was our wedding night and they knew that.  And when we showed up at noon the clerk said he'd rush the cleaning along….. ).  In fact, the room wasn't cleaned & ready to go until after 3pm.  The ceremony was at 5pm!  My fiance was running around at 3:15pm,  getting car keys & car location to our friends for carting up alcohol and supplies.  If it fits within your budget, get the party suite for 2 nights so you have time to set it up without time stress.

Re: REVIEWS -- LONG -- 10/24/2010

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards