New Jersey

Florentine Gardens food tasting

Had my food tasting earlier today at Florentine Gardens & we finalized our menu. Everything we had to eat was delicious - can't wait to have it on the real day.
September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florentine Gardens food tasting

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_florentine-gardens-food-tasting-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:df756987-c6d6-4d88-8f8d-4b3033b58012Post:a1d3200f-c835-4817-a437-bea3cb5cfb84">Re:Florentine Gardens food tasting</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great! We never had a tasting, just picked the menu... I wonder if we'll get one.
    Posted by mercy4[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>When is your wedding again? Soon, right?</div><div>
    </div><div>Call them up & see if you can schedule one!</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Florentine is beattiful; I'm sure you'll be delighted on your day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_florentine-gardens-food-tasting-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:df756987-c6d6-4d88-8f8d-4b3033b58012Post:31949d7c-7e86-48f0-be40-694d2b20518c">Re: Florentine Gardens food tasting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Florentine is beattiful; I'm sure you'll be delighted on your day.
    Posted by GolfChick78[/QUOTE]

<div>thank you! i hope so! i was extremely happy with the food yesterday & really hope it's just as good or better on the day of!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_florentine-gardens-food-tasting-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:df756987-c6d6-4d88-8f8d-4b3033b58012Post:50197d20-4b87-4891-85ac-1ab9c0242be7">Re:Florentine Gardens food tasting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Florentine Gardens food tasting : It's August!  Maybe I will have FI call because I know he really wanted to go to a tasting.  Thanks for the reminder!
    Posted by mercy4[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>np! let me know how it goes!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lrc221lrc221 member
    First Comment
    Yes, you should absolutely call to set up a tasting.  You should be entitled to one about 2-3 months prior (I was married there 2 yrs ago).  This way you can sample a bunch of different options so you know what you like and what you don't like.  The day of our tasting was when we finalized our menu and a bunch of other things.  It was really nice and personal and they give you alot to eat.  I highly recommend that you don't settle on your menu until after you have your tasting.
  • lrc221lrc221 member
    First Comment
    Mercy, I'm so surprised on how they're treating you. When we booked Florentine, we were told that we'd get a tasting a couple months before the wedding.  So when were were a few months away from the day I called and was given an appointment with no problem.  We were able to bring I think up to 6 people.  We brought my parents and had a lovely time.  Everything went smoothly.  I'm sorry to hear about this.  They shouldnt be giving you a hard time.  I would call them and be firm and say that you want a tasting and you're bringing your family.  For the type of venue they are and the prices they charge, you have every right to have one.

I also cant believe you had a rough time w/palermos.  we went in, sampled several flavors and then picked our choice.  It was quick and easy.  We didnt take home the samples but I really didnt even think to ask since we tasted them there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards