April 2012 Weddings
Options

Day of Coordinator

So excited so I had to share....we finally decided to hire a day of coordinator. I was not going to but finally came to the conclusion that the stress on me was starting to get to be too much!!! We signed the contract and put the deposit in last night and I feel so much better about the entire day already. I know we have someone who is going to make this day so much easier and smoother for me. She has been great so far and has so much advice.  We are really happy to have someone as a fully neutral person that can look at everything non emotional!!!

Anyways just had to share with how very happy I am!!! I cannot believe how close we all are to say 'I DO'!!!
April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary

Re: Day of Coordinator

• Options
    That's great, we're considering hiring one too, since I have lots of DIY stuff to set up (and especially since the room has to be "flipped" during the cocktail hour). How much is yours charging?
    Honeymoon Siggy Challenge: Cruisin' Alaska!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    image 83 image 46 image 22
  • Options
    My venue provides a Day of Coord.  Thank goodness too!  Our rooms aren't changing much, but theres still alot to set up (beach wedding, conference room reception). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ours is charging us $250. She will be on site to set up everything for reception. Then she will also run the entire reception...prepare the bridal party to enter the hall, coordinate with all the vendors to be sure everything is on track. Make all the final payments and tips. Cut the cake for us, load everything in a designated vehicle at the end of the night.

We are doing our reception at a community center, so the ceremony and the reception are about 15mins for each other. I could not figure out how we were going to get everything done since I am making almost all the decorations and we cannot get in the venue until 10am that morning. I did not want to have family and friends worrying and then missing the ceremony since it is at 2pm. I think so far the best choice we have made. I feel like I can breath again!!!
    April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary
  • Options
    I decided a while ago that i would really have no choice but to have one. I can't do any of the decorating myself since we only get the venue at 2pm on the day of the wedding. Also, everything is is the same room so it would be impossible for me to do any of it.

Thank goodness i have a friend who is a certified wedding planner.
  • Options
    Ditto on the stress relief! Ours is charging $200, and that covers the rehearsal and the day of, which is well worth my sanity. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I've thought about getting a "day-of" coordinator. I didn't know how much one may cost, but for $200-$250, shoot, I can really think about that now.
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly didn't know there was such an option... I love it! And I'm going to start looking into it! Thanks! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards