Texas-San Antonio

San Antonio Bachelorette Party

Hi!  Im not from San Antonio, nor am I getting married there, but my best friend lives in Harlingen TX and she's getting married in Monterry Mexico.  One of my friends (who lives in Cali) and I (I live in Pittsburgh) want to fly into San Antonio, have our friend from Harlingen pick us up (she's already offered) and throw her a San Antonio bachelorette party.  My friend from Cali and I have never been to San Antonio, so, is there a big night scene by the airport?  Where should we go?  Are there any hotels that you would recommend?  Any that have bachelorette weekend getaway packages?  Thanks for any help!

Baby boy 7.10.13

Re: San Antonio Bachelorette Party

• edited December 2011
    I suggest that ya'll try to get to downtown SA. There isn't too much to do by the airport. I really think ya'll would have a fantastic time downtown, plus there are plenty of nice hotels to choose from.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Downtown really isn't too far from the airport - I agree that it's probably the best place to have a bachelorette party, especially if you aren't from here.  The Riverwalk is beautiful - there are several cool places like Howl at the Moon, Coyote Ugly, and Pat O'Briens.  Plus a ton of restaurants!  There are several hotels right on the Riverwalk that would be easy to get to and you wouldn't have to worry about driving anywhere!
  • MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Any suggestions on hotels?  Im excited!  I hear San Antonio is GORGEOUS!  Plus, Im excited to be out of the North in February

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs, definitely go downtown. You can try to stay at a hotel on the riverwalk or very close by. Then you will be able to walk everywhere and not have to worry about a designated driver. My friend had her bachelorette party there. I am pretty sure they booked the Emily Morgan hotel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Hilton Palacio Del Rio is in a great location, but I've never stayed there so I don't know much about it.  The Grand Hyatt is a block away from the river, but it was just built and is supposed to be amazing (but might be pricey).  Go to www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com - they have maps and all sorts of information!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards