Not Engaged Yet

Happy Friday!

2»

Re: Happy Friday!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b4cf690-6d02-4e8f-9bb4-ca9e0313b0f4Post:caee8563-04e5-4caa-8c6e-d0bc5eabb7d7">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love laffy taffy I have a huge bag leftover from Halloween last year.  I hide them in the back of my pantry to avoid the temptation.  I did not buy any candy this year I got very few trick or treaters and had too much leftovers.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Have they delayed Halloween where you are? Lots of tows in North Jersey have delayed it to next week, so you might have some then also.

Jen- How long did you teach for? Are you doing educational research now? Do you think you'll go back to the classroom? In an ideal world I think I'd like to teach for a few years until I take a few years off to make babies, then go back, maybe into administration, but obviously until I'm actually teaching I really don't know.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b4cf690-6d02-4e8f-9bb4-ca9e0313b0f4Post:7ee7f08f-cc1f-40d1-8287-504489616d8c">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : Have they delayed Halloween where you are? Lots of tows in North Jersey have delayed it to next week, so you might have some then also. Jen- How long did you teach for?<strong> Three years</strong> Are you doing educational research now? <strong>Yup. </strong>Do you think you'll go back to the classroom? <strong>No... I used to want to but I don't see myself ever taking on that job again now that I've done this work.</strong> In an ideal world I think I'd like to teach for a few years until I take a few years off to make babies, then go back, maybe into administration, but obviously until I'm actually teaching I really don't know. <strong>Yea. My next goal in life is producing a small class sized group of offspring. :)</strong>
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]
  • Laffy Taffy is the best. Especially the full sized pieces with sprinkles and chocolate chips in them that I eat alone in my car so I don't have to share or admit I bought candy and ate it like a small child without knowledge of stomach aches.
  • fizzy- I don't know when exactly Halloween is being celebrated in our town two of the neighboring towns are doing it tomorrow, but I think it was officially declared state on Monday.  I'm not answering my door though I have no candy, I rarely get trick or treaters since I am on a second floor condo.

Jen-They have laffy taggy with chocolat chip pieces in them. Wow I must find those at some point.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b4cf690-6d02-4e8f-9bb4-ca9e0313b0f4Post:fd0cea92-6da4-4db6-8d8c-e1209681982d">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]fizzy- I don't know when exactly Halloween is being celebrated in our town two of the neighboring towns are doing it tomorrow, but I think it was officially declared state on Monday.  I'm not answering my door though I have no candy, I rarely get trick or treaters since I am on a second floor condo. <strong>Jen-They have laffy taggy with chocolat chip pieces in them. Wow I must find those at some point.</strong>

I tried to find a pic online, but was unsuccessful. I remember them being the watermelon flavored ones where the chips were the seeds.
  • I am also so late for these things... damn class!

I am so glad to hear everyone on the EC is ok. I have been praying for you guys.  

I actually get to do something fun this weekend!  It is so exciting!  H and I are runnnig away for a day and I have no idea what we are going to do.  Maybe go to the beach.  Who knows but I am super excited.  I miss my husband :/
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• That is so cute I'll have to see if I can find them at some point Jen.- any plans for the weekend? I might have some free time early Saturday.

Anniversary

• raven - running away for a day sounds great fun. It's really nice to be able to take a day to relax.

Does anyone have a funny blog they read and would recommend? I'm looking for suggestions to take up my time at work for when I run out of busy work.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b4cf690-6d02-4e8f-9bb4-ca9e0313b0f4Post:d0e33410-7b38-4d2f-9c65-5d5a2c5a2e41">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so cute I'll have to see if I can find them at some point Jen.- any plans for the weekend? I might have some free time early Saturday.

Just working on the house getting it unpacked and decorated. I can fb you my # and we can see if anything might work out for the both of us?
  • Please do that and I will do the same!

Anniversary

• I'm late to the party too!  Our anniversary is on Tuesday so we're celebrating this weekend.  I'm making a yummy dinner and I bought the champagne that they served at our reception.  We went to a rock climbing gym and out for dinner last weekend because I have to work part of this weekend.  
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b4cf690-6d02-4e8f-9bb4-ca9e0313b0f4Post:c281e548-4944-4586-ba66-478a7e641506">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]raven - running away for a day sounds great fun. It's really nice to be able to take a day to relax. Does anyone have a funny blog they read and would recommend? I'm looking for suggestions to take up my time at work for when I run out of busy work.

I love whitewhine.com, passive aggressive notes, regretsy, not always right, cake wrecks.

Can you tell I have a lot of free time at work?  I'm enjoying it now because starting next week, it's going to be BUSY!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-friday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b4cf690-6d02-4e8f-9bb4-ca9e0313b0f4Post:c281e548-4944-4586-ba66-478a7e641506">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]raven - running away for a day sounds great fun. It's really nice to be able to take a day to relax. Does anyone have a funny blog they read and would recommend? I'm looking for suggestions to take up my time at work for when I run out of busy work.

Gunshow, Books of Adam, Hyperbole and a Half.

My friend Zola texted me earlier to say that's she's coming into town this weekend, so that's kinda brought me out of my funk. There's talk of hookah and pedicures tomorrow, and my work friend Brandy might come with us as well. Zola's looking forward to picking up the books we bought her in New Orleans -- they're all about radical feminism, anarchism, Native American relations, police and police states, prison systems, women in prison... we got her two bags of books at this place called the Iron Rail Collective right across from Cafe Envie in the Vieux Carre.

In other news, Freya makes me never want to leave bed. Outside of bed, she's like 'man, eff you, mom', but she cuddles like you would not believe. I just want to stay in bed with Munchkin, Princess and Bubby all daaaaaay. Warmth and dog love :D.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards