Moms and Maids

need pregnant bridesmaid advice

I have a bridesmaid who is pregnant and is due in august,and she has told me she wants me and my fi to be godparents. Im so happy for her and cant wait to meet my goddaughter! My wedding is in october so its not a bad thing. She has been helpful in the wedding and all but my delima is this: We currently choose the bm dresses and they work perfect because i have another pregnant bm who is due in october as well, and they work for my pregnant and not pregnant bridesmaids, and they can wear them again cuz their short. We all decided to set a deadline on ordering the dresses because they have just been discontinued. (My bridesmaids were on a budget and the dresses were on sale for eighty bucks.) We just held a bake sale to help with expenses and raised enough to finish paying for two of the bm dresses. She didnt attend even though we planned it two months earlier. As of right now all of my bm exept for her has bought their dresses. I know getting ready to have a baby is expensive but i need her to order it before August so it can arrive in time for the wedding. Ive been really supportive during her pregnancy ive planned her baby shower, help her decorate the babys room, i bought her all kinds of baby stuff, and always keep up on how her appts go. How can i explain to her the dress situation without seeming like i dont care that shes about to have a baby and all im worried about is my wedding? Ive sworn to not be a bridezilla even though having pregnant bms makes everything harder to plan. any advice would be great but leave out the rudeness. im not that kinda bride

Re: need pregnant bridesmaid advice

• edited December 2011
    Maybe you can offer to put in the order for her (not pay, just help her by making the order)?  Or just say they told you they can't guarantee the dress will be available after a few more weeks, so could she please go?
  • edited December 2011
    You held a bake sale to raise money for BM dresses???

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    yea it was really fun and we raised almost two hundred dollars. It was a great way to catch up with my friends and spend time with my family. it might sound wierd but when all of your bm are either pregnant or have more than three kids a wedding can reallly be a big financial strain.
  • edited December 2011
    This is the first time I have heard of having a fundraiser to help the bms with the cost of their dresses. Did your customers know that the bake sale was benefiting your wedding?

I would have suggested that you give each bm the information about the dress along with the last date to order. Then let them figure out whether or not they can afford to be in the wedding party. Or, if you are willing and able to help out your friend, you could put the money up for her dress so that it can be ordered in time for your wedding.

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She still has a couple of weeks.  She might just be putting this on the back burner since she's busy getting ready for the baby.  Just casually mention that the other girls had ordered their dresses and when they shop said they'd be in.  This way she knows that she's down to the wire.  Also, make sure she's financially able to pay for her dress.  Just be as nice as you can about the situation and don't get upset about it.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_need-pregnant-bridesmaid-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:2ea22a59-f9ef-4924-b147-826a67792eebPost:06bd5f3d-8203-480c-80c0-be885deb2b4d">Re: need pregnant bridesmaid advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]yea it was really fun and we raised almost two hundred dollars. It was a great way to catch up with my friends and spend time with my family. it might sound wierd but when all of your bm are either pregnant or have more than three kids a wedding can reallly be a big financial strain.
    Posted by JessicaCrystalGailAmerson[/QUOTE]

How did you market it? Did you let everyone know it was a bake sale to pay for your wedding?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    we pretty much advertised the bake sale with ads and posters. we live in a small town thats does bake sales for pretty much everything. so when asked what we were selling for we told them to help pay for the bridesmaids dresses.
  • LukiteneLukitene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that you have your own Delima!
  • edited December 2011

Since she's due in August, she's probably in the nesting phase. I'm sure she's excited about your wedding but she's probably just preoccupied with her pending delivery. I'd just order the dress for her to take the stress off.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards