California-Los Angeles

The Inn of the Seventh Ray

Hi,
I love The Inn of the Seventh Ray in Malibu/Topanga Canyon. 
It's beautiful and has the vibe I was looking for.

I am wondering if anyone is planning a wedding there or has been to one? If so, some questions:

- hidden fees?
- any particular likes/dislikes?
- if you love it, can you share your plans/decor, etc
- my FI would like to have a church reception -- is there a church nearby?

Thanks, knotties!!! 

Re: The Inn of the Seventh Ray

• edited December 2011
    http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/inn-of-the-seventh-ray Here is a link from Project Wedding that gives you some reviews on the location. Hope this helps.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've only been there for brunch, but its amazing! I wanted to use it, but our date was booked.

Maybe look for churches in Malibu? Same with hotels? Just make sure its not too far. And driving down from Topanga at night isn't too fun, so maybe consider a shuttle.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, ladies, I appreciate all the advice!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to school at Pepperdine, and they have a GORGEOUS chapel with amazing stained glass walls, and a view of the ocean directly outside.  If it were closer to my reception spot, I might have considered it, but it was nice to do everything at the same place IMO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i have been to a wedding there, and it was GORGEOUS! my friend never had anything bad to say about service, or anything. if the date is open I say GO FOR IT. Its a
    memorable and unique venue. They were not avail. for our date either /> :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards