Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Safe ways to get a tan

Have any of you found a safe (AKA not a tanning bed) way to get a tan that you like? I have tried various airbrush tans, gels, lotions and they all come out on my clothes, so I am worried about orange coming off on my wedding dress. Anyone find a successful option? TIA!

Re: Safe ways to get a tan

• *sigh* not really.  This is such an often-asked question--I wish there was an easy answer.

I got a VersaSpa tan and while I was very happy with how it looked, a little did come off on my dress.

I have been using Neutrogena Build A Tan and I like the color of it alot and so far I have not seen it come off on my clothes. The problem is that it looks best when you go to bed and wake up the next day because it takes so long to work.  But then when you take a shower, off most of it goes. 

You do have some time to play around with the ones that build up color gradually (like Jergens) so you might try one of those.  Wish I could be more help.
  • Thanks for the help. I have tried Jergens and I can't get past the smell. I guess I will continue to look!

• Yeah, I've heard that.  The Neutrogena smell isn't great but probably the best of what I've tried as it doesn't seem to last very long.  It smells like vanilla initially but it does turn to self tanner smell after a few hours.
  • FusionBeauty makes a tanning spray that doesn't have a smell and doesn't transfer to clothing because there's no dye in it.  It uses the melanin in your skin and protein to create a tan.  It isn't cheap though... it's about $60 per bottle.  And the tan doesn't show up for 8 hours.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Here's a tip from Pinkpinot in the DIY makeup thread:

I also mixed Benefit's "Jiffy Tan" with body lotion and used that all over my arms & back, I put it on a few hours before the ceremony and it set so well that NOTHING rubbed off on my dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards