May 2012 Weddings

2 questions!!

1. Do I have to buy thank you gifts for the ppl making my cookies? (family friends)...when we first got engaged ONE aunt offered to do it..but i guess her talking to ppl that I DONT KNOW offered to help her....soo i have like 5 ppl making cookies for the wedding...
do i have to buy them something? I will give them a thank you, obviously..lol

2. For my bouquets...the girls are wearing coral dresses and have blue/white flowers...i was going to wrap the stems in coral to match the dress..
i am wearing white..with coral/white flowers..and i was going to wrap mine in blue..
should mine be in blue since my fowers are coral? or should mine be wrapped in coral and theirs wrapped in blue? 

my something blue is my garter so thats not an issue, but im horrible at visualizing...lol soo i need help! 

TIA!!

Re: 2 questions!!

• I would say that thank you cards would be enough for the cookies. Most people are happy to bake and know their cookies will be enjoyed! 

As for your flowers, I'd go with the 1st way you described, with the stems wrapped in the opposite colors, I think that it would be cute! 

• I agree with PP :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think thank you notes is enough. I mean you didn't personally ask them to help your aunt so it seems as though it's more of a favor to your aunt and slightly towards you.

I think opposite colors would look really good blue is good for you and coral for them. Their's doesn't need to stand out as it is about you. And even though their dress is coral it is okay because then it will match.
  • Agree with PPs about everything.  Question.  is the cookie thing a common PA thing?  I knew a girl from there and I think she said that every wedding in her part of the state had tons of homemade cookies given out at the wedding.  I think it is a nice tradition, and wondered if I am remembering it correctly?
  • Cookies are a PA thing.. which i never knew!! I thought all weddings did it!! lol

I love it though. Im going to get coookie boxes for ppl to take home extras!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_2-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:92f0c536-019e-45b8-8eda-4ec3124a120fPost:dd4bd1ab-ce62-4a59-9787-02c5aaec8a5d">Re: 2 questions!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say that thank you cards would be enough for the cookies. Most people are happy to bake and know their cookies will be enjoyed!  As for your flowers, I'd go with the 1st way you described, with the stems wrapped in the opposite colors, I think that it would be cute!   
    Posted by sfylstra[/QUOTE]

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards