Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photojournalistic photographer?

Hi all,
I am getting married in May 2014 in Ashland, MA and am looking for recommendations for a good, reasonably priced photojournalistic photographer. Any recommendations?? I am hoping to keep my budget in $2k-3k range. There are so many photographers online and I am having a hard time narrowing them all down!
Laura

Re: Photojournalistic photographer?

• Options
    Definitely check out Scott Metzger.  Absolutely loved working with him for our wedding, and he'll definitely work around your budget.  I have a full review in my bio if you're interested.

http://www.metzgerstudios.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    I would say check out Holly Redmond. She was a photojounalist for 10 years before she switched to wedding photography full time. We hired her for our June 2014 wedding and for 8 hours she is under $2K! All of her prices a listed on her webpage and she is super nice and upfront about everything. I didn't get the run around feeling I got with other photographers. Here's her page:

http://www.hollyredmondphoto.com/

Good luck!
    Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Ours may be what you are looking for. 1026photography is photojounalist. I can't wait for Kerri to shoot our wedding! She was a news photographer before switching over to weddings. We have felt really comfortable with her. 

• Options
    Portrait New England did an awesome job at my wedding last May. They are very reasonable and were awesome to work with. They both have prior photojournalist experience too.
    HTH!
    www.portraitnewengland.com
  • Options
    Check out our photographer, Sue Lynch.  She is soooo sweet and talented, a former newspaper journalist, and would be at or under your budget depending on the package.

• Options
    john loconte from johnlo photography cannot rec him enough. amazing guy to boot

his website is www.johnlophoto.com
  • Options
  • Options
    you should look into JESSICA OH PHOTOGRAPHY. she's from New York but does travel + offers reasonable pricing for out of town weddings.  her style is def photojournalistic but also super fun.  we adored her.
  • Options
    The absolute best photographer is Erin Curran at Erin Curran Photography ( she has a website too!). She does amazing work. She has shot some of our friends weddings and we had to have her! she did our save the dates and we could'nt be happier. We're having her do our wedding in July as well! Definitely give her a look, totally worth it!
  • Options
    Amber with forevercandid photography! HIGHLY recommend! She was incredible.

• Options
    I highly recommend Arlene D Marston, her pictures are photojournalistic. She's really friendly, organized, and if her prices haven't changed since we hired her than she's totally in your price range.

• Options
    We love our photographer! Erin Curran -www.ecurranphoto.com
    You can see Erin's most recent work (including my engagement shoot) on her blog -http://ecurranphoto.wordpress.com/
    She does amazing work and made us feel so comfortable. I can't wait for her to shoot our wedding in July.
  • Options
    Definitely check out Little Bliss Photo!  Located in CT but willing to travel within 2.5 hours and incredibly affordable!
    facebook.com/LittleBlissPhoto
  • Options
    First start with referrals from your venue, other vendors (such as DJ's) as well as family and friends.  This list here will be biased and possibly tainted by other than client relationships.  Having said that, my experience with Berryphotos was fantastic.  I both pleased with their approach and perspective as well as the finished images.  Definitley worth checking out at www.berryphotos.com.  Create a list of about 10 you like online, then meet with about three in person to decide.  Good luck :)
  • Options
    You need to check out www.lovecameraaction.com! They are amazing and also send out a videographer with their photography team!  They create a custom digital video album with still images and video clips and then put it on a dvd!  It looks like a coffee table album with moving video pictures...really cool!  And it comes standard with all of their packages, even the less expensive ones!  They are in your budget!  I have been a bridesmaid in a couple of their weddings and they are so much fun!  Good luck!
  • Options
    Check out Nicole Montmarquet. She's based out of North Andover and her pictures are amazing! She'll be doing my wedding next January. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards