Texas-Houston

Checks + A Tiny Frustration

I went out with Mom today and got so much done! We went to Aztec and got a lot of great ideas on linens and how to dress the chairs. I'm really excited to see the color pallet come together. My aunt works there as well, so that helps a bit on the price and we get to have a few things extra that we didn't think were in budget, like prettier china than the reception venue provides.

We also went to visit with a florist, Events in Bloom - they are AMAZING! I am new to the wedding planning thing, so I get really excited about participating in the process ie. we will go to a wholesale flower market together and pick out flowers, brainstorm on ideas. LOVE IT! He also reality checked me a little about what my style actually was. The flowers I love in bouquets on a whim or as a dinner centerpiece, don't really go with the feel of my dress, so he pointed me in a more elegant direction with the flowers. He was very frank with me at times, but I appreciated the critical input - it's what I needed.

After that, we went to Arnes and got super great deals on the guest book, pen, ring pillow, garter and champagne flutes. I am really starting to feel like a bride - it's kicking in BIG TIME!

The only frustration I have is that after I got home, I talked to my fiance and I somehow completely forgot that my FMIL is highly allergic to roses. I sent her an email asking how allergic and if there were any other flowers we needed to avoid. I don't want her to go into anaphylactic shock when we put her corsage on at the church :-x I'm really hoping that it's not as severe as the fiance says it is and we can still have the Ecuadorian roses that I talked about with the florist. We shall see - wish me luck!

I know this is kind of more of a blog-type thing, but I am just really stoked and had to share with someone! :)

Hope everyone had wonderful holidays and congrats to any/all of you that got proposed to over the holidays!!

xo
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyName Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Checks + A Tiny Frustration

• edited December 2011
    hooray for progress!! I had fun at Aztec too - my best friend works there so i went in and got a feel for things and got my chair sashes for the ceremony uber cheap!
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What great checks!  If your FMIL is allergic, maybe Rob (EIB) can sub to ranunculus flowers for the corsages?
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your check!

For the flowers...I'm allergic to pollen (mainly just sneezing and watery eyes) and what my mom's done in the past is remove the visible pollen herself. I've also heard there are hybrid flowers you can order that contain less pollen as well. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions :) i'm going to talk with rob on tuesday to see if we can work something out with the flowers. i talked to the fmil today and she said she will just take a sudafed or something and should be fine, but the other flower she is allergic to is the easter lilly. i'm hoping that it's not all lillies since that was  one of the other flowers we discussed. we shall see, we shall see!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyName Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards