Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Too much cheese cake?

If I have cheese cake as my dessert and a cheesecake wedding cake, is that too much cheesecake?
Anniversary

Re: Too much cheese cake?

• edited December 2011
    That's a WHOLE lotta cheesecake. I love the idea of the cheesecake wedding cake. Maybe you could do pies or something for the dessert?  Or just do the cheesecake-cake in general.  Two desserts is fabulous but not necessary. 
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dessert comes as one of the courses with the package at my venue, so that's a no brainer. The cheese cake there is soooo good so maybe I should just stick with that and have an more cake wedding cake. I like the idea of cupcakes, but I'm not sure it's really my style.

I am also thinking of having a milk and cookie bar instead of a late-night table so I don't want to overload people with too much dessert. 
    Anniversary
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I would offer something else.  I am told there is a wicked rumor that some people don't like cheesecake.  I don't understand it, but I've heard it.

In all seriousness, cheesecake is one of those things people love or hate.  We did cheesecakes at DD's wedding, but we also had cake and cannoli's.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_much-cheese-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:04eec2b9-9085-43d7-8f9b-d5d0ca4d9790Post:ce4138f8-2ec7-461c-95b6-6b1163f54e08">Re: Too much cheese cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would offer something else.  <strong>I am told there is a wicked rumor that some people don't like cheesecake.  I don't understand it, but I've heard it. </strong>In all seriousness, cheesecake is one of those things people love or hate.  We did cheesecakes at DD's wedding, but we also had cake and cannoli's.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]
    Clearly these people are out of their mind. <div>
    </div><div>I understand that not everyone likes cheesecake, but also not everyone likes cake (like my FI for instance - the entire cake decision is in my hands) so it's impossible to please everyone. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for your input!</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like cheesecake in theory (I say in theory because I will eat it if it's put in front of me, but I would never order it at a restaurant or make it myself).  I think it would be strange to have two kinds of cheesecake as your dessert.  Could your venue have cheesecake bites as part of your late night snack table?  I love the milk and cookie bar, though, so I wouldn't want to substitute for that.  

Will you have a dessert that your FI likes?  It would be sad if he didn't like any of the dessert at his own wedding.  
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_much-cheese-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:04eec2b9-9085-43d7-8f9b-d5d0ca4d9790Post:2d95f8ef-5b2f-44b7-bddc-80818410065b">Re: Too much cheese cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like cheesecake in theory (I say in theory because I will eat it if it's put in front of me, but I would never order it at a restaurant or make it myself).  I think it would be strange to have two kinds of cheesecake as your dessert.  Could your venue have cheesecake bites as part of your late night snack table?  I love the milk and cookie bar, though, so I wouldn't want to substitute for that.   Will you have a dessert that your FI likes?  It would be sad if he didn't like any of the dessert at his own wedding.  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]
    Yes, cheese cake is one of the few desserts he likes so that's why I want to serve it. He's also a big fan of brownies. The venue has a pretty large dessert selection that we can pick from so I might see if they can do brownies and ice cream for dessert and then maybe a cheese cake wedding cake? 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There's nothing wrong with serving cheesecake....even serving only cheesecake (and I am not wild about cheesecake), but if there is going to be a big cake and a dessert, that seems like a fun place to add some variety.  'Tis the spice of life. 
  • edited December 2011
    i can't imagine eating 2 pieces of cheesecake after a full meal.  actually, i don't normally like cheesecake after a meal at all because it's so rich.  i would not do two cheesecakes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    Anniversary
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_much-cheese-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:04eec2b9-9085-43d7-8f9b-d5d0ca4d9790Post:9faf3768-f695-4515-874a-3168bebbf0d7">Re: Too much cheese cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too much cheese cake? : Clearly these people are out of their mind.  I understand that not everyone likes cheesecake, but also not everyone likes cake (like my FI for instance - the entire cake decision is in my hands) so it's impossible to please everyone.  Thanks for your input!
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

Holy cow!  As much as I adore cheesecake, my obsession is really good cake.  It is its' own food group, Heavenly, food of the God's.  Has your FI ever tried therapy for this?  :)
  • TheRealChloeTheRealChloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do have that much cheesecake, can I please be invited!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_much-cheese-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:04eec2b9-9085-43d7-8f9b-d5d0ca4d9790Post:a8636b8c-b3b3-4eb4-955e-7d7e49b26c7b">Re: Too much cheese cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too much cheese cake? : Yes, cheese cake is one of the few desserts he likes so that's why I want to serve it. He's also a big fan of brownies. The venue has a pretty large dessert selection that we can pick from so I might see if they can do brownies and ice cream for dessert and then maybe a cheese cake wedding cake? 
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds like an awesome idea!</div>
  • peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, if you are doing a "wedding cake" and a seperate "dessert" then I would do 2 seperate things, I think the whole point then is to have some variety!  :)  I love the idea to have the cheesecake as your wedding cake and brownies and ice cream as the dessert!
  • edited December 2011
    Desert came with our package too, but we were able to talk them into doing a soup course instead.

I would not eat 2 pieces of cheesecake in one night, and I love cheesecake. In fact, if I already had desert, I likely wouldn't have cake at all.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No way I'd eat two desserts on one night... is there any way to do msmerymac's idea of offering a different course instead? If not, then I'd say go with something very light (a fruit trifle?) for the desert, then do cheesecake for your wedding cake. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love cheesecake, but like others have said, that's a lot of cheesecake. I would be thrilled if you were serving regular cake and then a cheesecake for dessert, or just a cheesecake wedding cake, but both is a bit much. 

Even better though, IMO, would be msmerymac's idea of seeing if you could swap out the dessert for a soup or side course. I've never been to a wedding where the wedding cake wasn't the dessert itself, and that was always more than enough to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards