Not Engaged Yet

Happy Wednesday

and I'm back.... after a few days of vacation & my sister's wedding.

Her wedding went great it was so much fun.  She looked beautiful, the weather was great and the reception was a great time. We had fun dancing, drinking and eating.  The Viennese Hour was amazing too.  My MOH speech went well.  My niece was on the dance floor the entire time of reception she had a blast.

Our mini vacation on the beach was good.  We got decent weather most of the time.  We stayed at the same place as my niece and my parents. I burnt a little but not too bad.  It was nice to be away for a few days.

Now I'm back at work and it sucks.  I really don't want to be here.  So how is your day going?  Did I miss anything while I was gone?  I saw a few posts here and there.

Anniversary

Re: Happy Wednesday

• Welcome back! I'm glad to hear things went so well for your sister's wedding, especially the speech :)

• Ummm... I tried on wedding dresses. There's a post down there somewhere..

My family is a huge clusterfvck.... which is nothing new, but it's getting ugly now. Parents need so much parenting.

I'm heading to PA early Friday morning to purchase my brother's car off of him, so that I have a second vehicle, and am giving my work truck back to the company because it's just too much flippin hassle

I'm so glad you had a great time! I loved the pictures I saw on your FB! :)
  • Thanks jen & irish.

I'll have to go look at your dress post Irish.  Sorry to hear about your family.  I feel the same way about mine too sometimes. 

Anniversary

• Danser, thanks! It's just frustrating when they don't tell me anything for weeks on end, and then try to call me/text me and expect me to all of a sudden just know everything and to be able to fix it all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d1c2b4e-6e20-43f5-8ec9-c9733e5d8306Post:fae720aa-7bf2-462f-b254-946952644ff8">Re: Happy Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ummm... I tried on wedding dresses. There's a post down there somewhere.. My family is a huge clusterfvck.... which is nothing new, but it's getting ugly now. Parents need so much parenting. I'm heading to PA early Friday morning to purchase my brother's car off of him, so that I have a second vehicle, and am giving my work truck back to the company because it's just too much flippin hassle I'm so glad you had a great time! I loved the pictures I saw on your FB! :)
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]
    I love the dress pictures.  I loved the lacey flowery one on you the most it looked gorgeous.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d1c2b4e-6e20-43f5-8ec9-c9733e5d8306Post:0535654e-68c0-4785-a7c8-d3fd757fbaaf">Re: Happy Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday : I love the dress pictures.  I loved the lacey flowery one on you the most it looked gorgeous.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

That was definitely one of my favorites
  • Hey ladies! I haven't been around too much as I'm still getting over an upper respiratory infection. Ugh.

danser- glad the wedding went well! I don't want to be at work either.

My grandpa is in the hospital and isn't doing too well so if you could spare some thoughts and prayers I'd appreciate it :)
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Hi Danser! Congrats on the speech!

Today is....painful. I went running yesterday and I should have stretched more. Or just not gone running! Only 5 and a half hours til 5pm though!
  • Oh no moocow. I hope you feel better soon.  Sending out some prayers to grandpa and hoping he get better soon.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d1c2b4e-6e20-43f5-8ec9-c9733e5d8306Post:f55b90ef-2b28-4cb2-9182-23de9e3b1ef8">Re: Happy Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] My grandpa is in the hospital and isn't doing too well so if you could spare some thoughts and prayers I'd appreciate it :)
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

Mine too. Bad time for grandpas.

And random gripe: why do people who aren't regulars post in the wedding dates thread? If you never said a word on any post on the boards, why would we care about your wedding date?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1d1c2b4e-6e20-43f5-8ec9-c9733e5d8306Post:f6a808a9-31d4-40ca-9a8d-b218d7ad6b80">Re: Happy Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday : Mine too. Bad time for grandpas. And random gripe: why do people who aren't regulars post in the wedding dates thread? If you never said a word on any post on the boards, why would we care about your wedding date?
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree it's so random.

Anniversary

• Happy Wednesday all!  I haven't gotten out of bed yet today, except to go to the bathroom a couple times.

Welcome back, Danser!  And Moo and Still -- I'll keep your grandfathers in my thoughts.
  • it's my TOTM...  so for lunch, I had half a bag of jalapeno cheddar chips, a mini Frito wrap from Sonic, and a diet Cherry Coke.  I can't remember the last time I've had a pop.  oh, and a Snickers for dessert.  I'm feelin' good now, girls.
  • it's my TOTM too, and either I get crabby or I crave every food known to man ( except meat of course). This time I'm just crabby. Although I did buy some fudge and taffy before we left yesterday.  I'm trying to get myself out of this crabby mood, I've been thinking too and feel a bit disappointed so it's been this cycle since yesterday.

Anniversary

• edited August 2012
    Thanks, Elle!

Still- I'll be thinking about your grandpa, too.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards