Pre-wedding Parties

Irene caused cancellation of my bachelorette party

So we just got notified that our reservation at a hotel in MD had to be cancelled b/c of the hurricane :(  6 of us took off work and are now out even more $$ because of this.  i dont know what we could do- my friend offered her place for the weekend in MD, but I dont know that I want to travel there if were not going to the beach.  UGH i am so bummed out and dont even feel like doing anything :(

Re: Irene caused cancellation of my bachelorette party

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, it's fine to be bummed.  It's fine to call and see if you can get any kind of money reimbursed.

But it's a hurricane!  You need to be planning for power outages, damage to items on decks and patios and if you have a well, you need to have plenty of bottled water.

And if you can reschedule it's great.  Maybe you can find a place that's more inland to get together.  But this weekend the priority needs to be safety and not a bachelorette.
  • MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we know this, but how can anyone not be bummed after planning for a year of planning?  just thought i could share my frustration on here. 

• edited December 2011
    That definately is a bummer.  But it is for your safety.  Try to see if the hotel can reschedule for you.  If not and since your BM offered her house anyway, why dont you just plan on another weekend and use her house for a place to stay?  Maybe your friends can work the days they had planned off for this weekend and take days off for another weekend soon. 

There are other options so I would try to reschedule this!  Or you can always ride out the storm together...get all supplies needed in case of an emergency, get some wine, good snack foods and get together anyway...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011

It's a total bummer but "I don't feel like don't anything?"  Come on.  It's time to buck up and be a good sport about stuff.  You can't change the weather so try to make the best of it.

And look at the bright side.  Think of the brides who have WEDDINGS going on this weekend. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_irene-caused-cancellation-of-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:2b84bd1a-6a80-4be8-986e-7710f19041baPost:7b80d6a8-d4da-4588-8e2c-a3921b77287b">Re: Irene caused cancellation of my bachelorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would def call for either a refund or a rescheduling.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Exactly this. </div><div>
    </div><div>And it's perfectly okay to be bummed. I know of 2 families who have had their beach vacations ruined because of this storm. It sucks. 

</div>
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Booh, Hurricane Irene!

Since the hotel cancelled, they should give you refunds. Maybe you do something special with that money with your bms on the wedding weekend.

• LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does really suck =(

However, I agree with PPs...  the hotel needs to reschedule or refund. And this seems like the perfect opportunity to take those lemons life has handed you, grab some tequila and put those lemons to good use! It's supposed to be a bachlorette party after all!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
    edited December 2011
    Do you have trip insurance?   Try to get that refund but be prepared that the hotel may have an 'act of God' clause.
  • edited December 2011
    I would see if the hotel can give you money back (since they're the ones who cancelled) or at least move your reservation for a different weekend. It totally sucks, and I'd be bummed too. But your safety should be of primary concern right now. If there is a safe place (further inland? I don't know your situation) where you can have it this weekend and your girls are up for it, then do it. But it might be best to just re-plan what you had already planned to do. I do get being bummed, but there is nothing you can do but make the best of it. Hope you will all be OK with the hurricane!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    It is a natural disaster. The hotel should reimburse you in full or offer another date. (Maybe use the other date for you and your then husband to spend time on the beach?)

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • edited December 2011
    Hurricane parties ROCK!!! sorry - it is such a bummer! Living in FL though, we get used to hurricanes ruining everything during this time of the year. I know I'm late on this, but I hope you got a reimbursement or rescheduled date to enjoy your bparty. 
    image A sadly neglected Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards