Louisiana-New Orleans

Cake on a budget

Hey all,

I'm getting down to the final details here! It's crazy!

My fi and I are set on keeping a traditional tiered wedding cake (though we will probably keep it free of decoration to save moolah).

I've heard great things about Haydels and Maurices. Unfortunately, we're OOT and not going to be able to come down to do a tasting pre-wedding :(

Can anyone please advise on what kinds of prices I can expect? We're expecting about 150 people at our wedding.
Any other bakery suggestions?

TIA :)
hh

Re: Cake on a budget

• edited December 2011
    Hi lady. I am also an OOT bride. I got my cake from Haydels and I actually ordered it online. I contacted them using the email address on their website and sent them a picture of what i wanted and they quoted me a price. It was very easy and they got back to me fast with different quotes which i picked the one in my budget. Maybe you can go that route? Hope this helps and happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am an OOT bride as well, but I did have the oppurtunity to go and do a tasting at Haydels.  All the flavors were great.  We choose strawberry and amertto.  They are so good and so easy to work with. Hope this helps. 

GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am also using Haydels. Cake was not a big priority to me at all. I am spending 370.00 and that includes both wedding cake and an 8x8 grooms cake. I only did my cake to feed 100. I am expecting 150, but I was told to that with cake you can do your cake to feed less because so many do not eat cake, plus I'm also having a grooms cake that feeds 30. The majority of our guest are not old and will be dringking so I know that many will not be eating cake.
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a tasting at both Maurice and Haydels. For a cake for 200 ppl: Haydels was 384.82 and no delivery charge. Maurice was 733.50 including delivery fee. Both quotes included tax. We also want very simple/basic tiered cake. I loved the flavors of Maurice a lot more than that of Haydels, but I just cannot justify almost $400 extra for the same kind of cake.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

@ Avrilmai - Haydels did not charge you a delivery fee? They did me!! Anyways, still very good price compared to others. I've also heard nothing but good things about them.

• edited December 2011

I'm starting to look at cake stuff now too (we're plain and simple but have an obnoxiously huge wedding).  Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the quotes/tips!!  Huge help, guys!!  As always.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @w0204773- the guy we spoke to when we did the tasting said there was no delivery charge to Southern Oaks. He did seem a little confused.  We haven't actually booked it yet so who knows what will happen when we do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards