New Jersey - South
Options

HELP!!! Cant find a dress

Ok Ladies. I know I have a ton of time before my day but i am so organized that this is the last thing I need to do and its the most important. I can not for the life of me find a dress.  I only been to 3 stores and tried about 20-25 dresses on.  It just seems like no one has what I want. I am looking for a traditional ballgown , drop waist with a ton of beading all over the dress.  For some reason I cant find anything anywhere that does look like someone took scissors to the dress and cut it up.... Any advice would be great

Re: HELP!!! Cant find a dress

• Options
    Mia2700Mia2700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are some options here <-- clicky.  I didn't realize this was difficult to find.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for giving me that information but it is that hard.   I didnt like not one of those dresses.  I want a traditional ballgown.  Nothing with feathers, or lace or ruffles, nothing like that. I want the entire bodice beaded from top to bottom and i want beading on the dress itself plus very detailed on the train and I just cant find it. To get my dress made you have have a seamress you trust and I DONT
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes you need to be a little less picky and a lot more open-minded, and then, all of a sudden, you'll find THE dress!  GL!

Have you tried David's?  Or, you can look on eBay for ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly understand because I couldn't take the feathers and things like that... I tried dresses on at like four different places and hated everything until I went to David's... the Oleg Cassini line is beautiful and they tend to have more of the traditional gowns than some of the other places out there. I don't have the style number unfortunately but I DID try on a dress there that had an entirely beaded bodice and a gorgeous train that was longer than my chapel train (I don't think it was quite cathedral but it was long and had a lot of beading.) I'm not sure how long they keep their styles but I'd say there's a good chance they have something similar if not that. A lot of people don't want to try David's since it's not a boutique or salon or anything but honestly it's worth a shot!

On a totally opposite end of the scale, there's always Kleinfeld's! They always say they have every dress there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea ditto to just trying to relax, try on every type of dress and it will come to you.  I actually ended up with a dress like you want, which was sorta what i was going for, but i didnt want the train.  I went to David's, which if you are thinking about doing, definitely go to the deptford one.  They are a million times nicer there than the one in mays landing and I have to agree with the recent review of them that they're pretty bad!

This was my dress:   http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_A-line-with-Beaded-Embroidered-Metallic-Bodice-V9364_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-Davids-Bridal-Collection

They have quite a few dresses like that and also the oleg cassini line has tons of of that style as well.  HTH!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    Jamy0807Jamy0807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with the Ava by Maggie Sottero. Maggie has a lot of styles. Check out her line.
  • Options
    TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to Tesi Bridal Boutique. It is located in Ventnor, NJ (the town next to Atlantic City). They have a great selection. Also, if you see something you like from online you can create a wish list and email it to her. Then she will make sure she has that dress the day of your appointment. 

Here's links to dresses you may like: 

www.efashioncentral.com/tesibridal/detail.php?ProdId=3537182&CatId=3251&thisOffset=0&resPos=12&pSort=#subtitle" title="Dress 1">http://www.efashioncentral.com/tesibridal/detail.php?ProdId=3537188&CatId=3251&thisOffset=0&resPos=6&pSort=#subtitle

or: http://www.efashioncentral.com/tesibridal/detail.php?ProdId=3537182&CatId=3251&thisOffset=0&resPos=12&pSort=#subtitle

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again for your help. There is nothing at Davids I like.  Also it has nothing to do with being patience or keeping an open mind. I am a bride that knows what she wants, I dont want to settle for something I dont want.  Exactly what I described is what I want. Come on you are all brides, you want what you want 
  • Options
    coraloccoraloc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check Demetrios at the Cherry Hill Macy's?  They tend to have ball gown styles, and Mary's Bridal also has a lot of beadwork on their gowns.

I hope you have some luck finding something!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried looking into Prescilla of Boston?  I don't know what your budget is, but that designer has more traditional stuff.  Very classic/elegant.   They have a location in PA.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you again for your help..... I acutally had to get my dress made.  I pulled a top off one dress and a bottom of another dres... Demetrios was the designer
    thanks again 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards