Ohio-Columbus

Registry Question

I know someone posted a similar topic towards the beginning of the month, but I was hoping to get some additional input.

We have decided to do a registry at BBB.  We are trying to decide where to do a second registry (C&B and Macy's are our two main thoughts). Out of those two, what experience has everyone had? I am originally from SE Ohio but live in Columbus now (as do most of our friends). The only stores in my hometown to register are Walmart (not happening) and JCP (also not interested in doing this). We want something easy for our OOT guests as well as us.

Sorry to ramble, but TIA!

Re: Registry Question

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Target, BBB, and Macy's.  I set up the Macy's one online, because all we added to it was our fiestaware.  After the wedding, I returned/exchanged some things and their customer service was great.  Macy's has a really good return policy normally too, you have months and months to return something.  We also got coupons for like 20% off to complete our registry after the wedding.  Since I set mine up online, I don't have any experience in-store, but I was satisfied with it.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    We did Target, Macys and Crate n Barrel.

CB fits our style perfectly, but we were a little hesitant thinking only our Columbus family would find it convenient.  

What blew us away is that most of what was purchased for us was actually purchased online and by our OOT family!  ha!  (we also got 10% off anything we bought ourselves off the registry after the wedding)

Target was good, they've changed their return policy for couples registered so that just about anything can be returned now without a receipt, it just needs to be on your registry (not to long ago they were strict about must having a receipt, which is why you'll find bad reviews).

Macy's was great.  They're rewards program is awesome for registering there (you get a gift card for 5% of everything that was purchased for you after the wedding) and we got 20% off anything left on our registry after the wedding day that we purchased ourselves (hello Dyson!)
    They'll take anything back without a receipt and are super flexible about price issues (like the price for an appliance being $25 listed on the registry, but the store sticker says $30, you mention it and they change the price right then)

Like I mentioned with CB, we were really surprised with how many people shopped online (at all 3), so don't let store location hold you back :)

• edited December 2011
    We just registered a couple weeks ago, and ended up doing BB&B and Macy's. We initially thought we'd register for more things at BB&B and just add on a few things at Macy's so that our guests would have options of two stores to buy from. But when we went to Macy's (Easton location), we ended up finding so many things there that we preferred over items we'd registered for at BB&B that we have a fairly equal balance between the two stores. 

Doing the in-store registry at both places was fairly quick and easy. Customer service at both was great. Annnddd....Macy's even gave me a coupon for a free Clinique lip gloss for registering there....score! :)
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    We did BBB and Macy's. I also did the Macy's registry online bc I also have Fiestaware dishes. I know it is still active and I have received coupons to buy the remaining items. We haven't gotten them all yet bc money has been tight. The few people that bought items from Macy's either had them shipped to our house or brought them to the wedding reception. I did not hear of any problems or issues.

We had no problems with BBB. We had quite a few of our gifts shipped to my parents house and none were broken or damaged. They are always nice and friendly at all of the stores I have been in including central Ohio and the one we have here in Georgia.

We actually didn't get many duplicates, which was nice and saved us a lot of hassle
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't registered yet, but I am thinking C&B, BBB and possibly Pottery Barn just because I LURV their stuff. Check into everyone's return policy and what they can offer you as far as discounts before you go with anyone. I heard Target's a bit rough.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't registered yet either but we are going to do Target and Macy's for sure and possibly Crate and Barrel! I've heard Macy's has an awesome registry w/ points and stuff!
  • edited December 2011

What about Kohl's?   Being from SE Ohio too they don't have those major dept stores.  We had a lot of people go to Kohl's. 

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • darby22darby22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Macy's does have a really good reward points system and they are very flexible with returns.  Plus after the wedding they have sent us coupons for 20% off everything remaining on our registry and also deals on our china.  They also run promotions a lot where if you have a registry there you get 10-20% off any home goods item (even if you didnt register for it).  Very easy to work with!!
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:6b5f0689-4ba9-4734-8541-ff682acd7930Post:e493106d-91ed-44ee-9df4-bb92b23c20d4">Re: Registry Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about Kohl's?   Being from SE Ohio too they don't have those major dept stores.  We had a lot of people go to Kohl's. 
    Posted by acired2010[/QUOTE]
    I heard that Kohl's has a quick turnover for some items, so if you register months in advance by the time your weddings rolls around a lot of things are unavailable.  I am not sure if that is still true or whatever, but thought I would mention it. 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards