Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR: weight loss article

I just got my weekly Runner's World newsletter, and the first article was really interesting!

http://www.runnersworld.com/
Go to "nutrition and weight loss" and then under featured content, its "Weight Loss Myths Exposed"

Sorry I couldn't get a working link!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: weight loss article

• edited December 2011
    Nice article.  I love that they call attention to the "fat free" debate.  I NEVER buy anything that is fat-free because I know they try to make up for the fat by filling it with other just as bad things..  My thinking is anything in its natural state, albeit more calories, is way better for your body in general than altered things w/ artificial sweeteners, etc.  
  • edited December 2011

Good read TY

I buy fat free/low fat dairy products...only because I will have death pains in my stomach if not!

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, they say low fat is way better than fat free....in taste and health!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nicole - 
    Are you lactose interolant?  They make lactaid milk/cheese now.
  • edited December 2011
    I am.

It isn't as bad as when I was little. I use skim milk, which I know some people think is gross but I am so used to it I think whole milk is gross!
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree-- my FI's parents are constantly on 'diets' and I try to tell them all the time that fat free stuff is actually worse for you but they never listen haha 

nicole, I only use skim milk also! it's all my mom would buy so now I cant even drink whole milk
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards