Texas-Houston
Options

Venues?

Hi, so I am trying to find a venue and having some trouble. I just graduated from SHSU in December, and started my master's this semester, so I don't have much time to browse the web trying to find a good venue.

So, I was hoping you guys would be willing to help me. The location doesn't matter, pretty much anywhere in the "Houston" area works. I say as far north as Huntsville (not Magnolia Lakes though) and as far south as Galveston, and everywhere in between. :)

We are looking for place that has an indoor ceremony and reception location, because I do not trust Texas weather. Also, someplace that allows outside caterers, at least for the cakes, because they are being taken care of.

I would say that the budget for everything needs to be less than 8,000 at the most.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you soooo much.
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: Venues?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards.
    Thanks for providing such great info as you ask for help. It's much easier this way.

I think the only other info we'd need to know would be how many people are you looking to have? That makes a difference for budget.

Good Luck w. your masters & wedding planning.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brady's Landing is very nice for the ceremony and reception. They do all the decor and food for the reception as well. For 200 ppl, it's well under $8K.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

EAT UM UP KATS!!!! :-)
  • Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm from SHSU too!

how many people do you plan on inviting? a lot of places allow outside caterers for cakes. in fact i dont think i have seen anywhere that says you have to use their pastry chef. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Demers Banquet Hall has pretty reasonable prices.
    TTC #1 since 11/2010
    Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
    DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
    Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
    Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
    Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are expecting 100 at the most. Most of my family lives up north so the accomodations are mainly for his family and our friends. Sorry, I realized I forgot that the second I left the computer. Thanks.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking at places also, try Le Jardin, they seemed to be pretty resonable. Around $8000 for everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been doing a LOT of research for a venue for outdoor ceremony + indoor reception for around 75 people, and here's what I'd suggest for you:

NOTE: * means that it might be pushing your budget, and # means that I'm not sure about an indoor ceremony space that would suit you.
    The Orchard at Caney Creek # (definitely affordable though)
    Northwest Forest * (try Fri/Sun)
    Vargos #
    The Gallery (you can bring in your own vendors)
    Ashelynn Manor * (try Fri/Sun)
    The Courtyard on St. James * (try Fri/Sun)

Those are my best suggestions!  We have done a LOT of work collecting information, and if you'd like, I can send you a spreadsheet with the info we've put in.  Email me at ashandallanwedding@gmail.com if you'd like it!  I just finished grad school myself, so I know what it's like!  GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    aggieelaineaggieelaine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We just found a great new venue in Galveston called the Lyceum.  It is the orginal First Lutheran Church that they fully restored.  It is run by the current First Lutheran Church.  They do not have in-house catering, so you are allowed to use any of their approved caterers.  It is a beautiful place. 

Thay provide the tables and chairs in the rental fee.

I believe it is around 2,000 or 2,500 for a Saturday.  And if you find a good local caterer, I would bet that you could keep it all under 8,000 for 100 guests. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards