Nebraska-Omaha

Bridesmaid Gifts

What are some good bridesmaid gifts? I will be getting them their jewelry and paying for their hair, but I would like to get them something else. I like the idea of the tote bags with their inital, but I don't know what I should fill it with? Any suggestions? And if their are any ideas for parents gifts, feel free to share! :)

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A giftcard to their favorite store. A good book. Movie tickets. A Netflix subscription. A cute wine glass and bottle of wine.

I got my girls all candles, decorative car air fresheners, and makeup/trinket cases.

The cases are similar to this, but I bought each of them a different patterned one.

I'm planning on getting my mom a nice necklace and my dad some gadgets for his grill. If I decide against that, we'll get them a giftcard to a nice restaurant for a night out alone.

Just shop like it's Christmas or their birthday!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I forgot to add, if you want to do the tote bags, I wouldn't do their initials unless you know they like monogrammed things. Myself personally, I would love a cute totebag but would prefer not to have my initial on it.

You could make it a beachbag and add flipflops, a beach towel, cute sunglasses, cute margarita glasses, margarita mix, a good book, etc.

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did photo albums for our parents.  The bridesmaids got pashminas, jewelry rolls, and a note. 

I wouldn't consider jewelry a gift if it is for the wedding.  When I was a BM, I got jewelry which I hated and gave to my little sister.  I also got a tote that was in the wedding color (pink) which I personally am not a fan of and that got thrown away. 

Just don't make the gifts too weddingy.  PP had some good ideas.  Ditto shopping like it is their birthday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    I got black pashmina shawls and black & white tote bags that were on sale at Target.  I also paid for the girls' hair.  They were most appreciative of the hair being paid for, but I also agree with not getting matching jewelry.  They have totally different styles, and I think they liked being able to pick out their own jewelry.
  • jamiellisjamiellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like the idea of gifts that are not to weddingy. I wanted to get my bridesmaids something that they could keep and charish for a long time. So, I purchased a set of four Sax Fifth Avenue crystal wine goblets for each bridesmaid at Herbergers for around 15 dollars each. I am also getting them their jewelry.

We got the groomsmen the same crystall but in the highball glasses.
  • lisa5556817lisa5556817 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Akardisco ~
    Where did you find those cute makeup cases at?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those aren't the exact ones I bought, but they are very, very similar. There's a small shop in Fremont called The Unique Boutique. They're from there!
  • lisa5556817lisa5556817 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! :)
  • edited December 2011

I am giving my girls travel bags with all different necessities to include flip flops, makeup kits from Smashbox, perfume, and a gift card to the spa where we are going the day before.
    The guys are all getting gift cards to Brix in a card  and my fiancee is taking them on an excursion the day before the wedding. 
    Our parents are getting albums and we have a all day excursion set up for them that is a surprise. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards