North Carolina

Wedding Officient

I am from out of state and getting married at Ocean Isle, N.C.  Can anyone suggest a male wedding officient?  Also, any tips for a beach wedding at sunset would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Wedding Officient

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remember that in NC the sun doesn't set over the ocean.  So if you want the sunset as your backdrop you have to angle away from the water. 

Why a male officient?
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I thought you were getting married in Ashville?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-officient?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1b050b5c-f94c-4fa9-b59a-0d2c7f23aaedPost:3ee1ea17-a747-43f8-a58c-f9e66e3f7cae">Re: Wedding Officient</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought you were getting married in Ashville?
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Asheville Isle? Hehe.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-officient?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1b050b5c-f94c-4fa9-b59a-0d2c7f23aaedPost:9940d8da-46a2-4479-98db-6808cf80fc57">Re: Wedding Officient</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Officient : Asheville Isle? Hehe.
    Posted by CoffeeBean330[/QUOTE]

Dude. . beach at the mountains!! Yeaaahhh!
  • edited December 2011
    Bob Weathers is our officiant.  I live at Ocean Isle.  He's in Shallotte. 
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    To pirategal03,
    I want a male officiant because of my religion.  Do you know of any that do a good job in that area?  Also, thanks for the backdrop tip!
  • edited December 2011
    To NcsuPsych,
    We changed our minds about Asheville.  In the beginning we were going to have a large wedding and wanted to invite everyone we know.  Asheville is about halfway for everyone to travel and we thought that would be fair. We really are'nt sure how many people will really travel that far to see our wedding so we have decieded to have a small beach wedding and spend more money on the Honeymoon. 

Do you know of any officients in that area?
    edited December 2011
    Cute. That'll probably be a lot less stressful on you too as far as coordinating so many people.

Nope. .I don't know any. DH's aunt married us so we never really got into the looking stage for an officiant.

Good luck though and make sure to do what is going to make you and your FI happy.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-officient?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1b050b5c-f94c-4fa9-b59a-0d2c7f23aaedPost:36d84184-c5f4-4a48-942a-6855a7e25e50">Re: Wedding Officient</a>:
    [QUOTE]To pirategal03, I want a male officiant<strong> because of my religion</strong>.  Do you know of any that do a good job in that area?  Also, thanks for the backdrop tip!
    Posted by sherrirlay[/QUOTE]

I'm not being patronizing, I'm genuinely curious.  If you care to share the type of faith that requires you to be married by a male, I'm interested.

And no, I don't know of any in the area.  I wouldn't have left that info out of my response.  I would suggest calling other congregations in the area that share your faith and seeing if one of those ministers is available.
  • edited December 2011
    pirategal03

I am Southern Baptist.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-officient?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1b050b5c-f94c-4fa9-b59a-0d2c7f23aaedPost:7ecc3c4a-4695-4f4d-a50f-cde89310f61b">Re: Wedding Officient</a>:
    [QUOTE]pirategal03 I am Southern Baptist.
    Posted by sherrirlay[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh Same. . but DH AUNT married us. . does that mean we aren't valid or something? Lol

EDIT:  Okay. . so apparently I'm not a southern 'southern baptist'. . .but we do go to a baptist church. My bad . . . I've still never heard of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards