Snarky Brides

Best of SB 2010 Voting

Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting

• It weirds me out too, although I can't say exactly why.  It's one thing for it to be a thread poll, but a sticky with radio buttons in which you can see exactly HOW many people voted is a little much, I think.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Fine, I'll take the sitckies down. I figured it would be a easier for people to find the polls. If I didn't make them sticky people would be all "where are the categories!! waahaahhhh"

I should have realized either way people would find something to btich about what was supposed to be a fun game. Good lord.
  • I've gotten the least amount of votes in the hottest couple one. That means I'm UGLY! I'm going to go cry in the shower for 3 hours!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:fc2c0038-25e3-4b20-bfc1-e4623fc596ac">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fine, I'll take the sitckies down. I figured it would be a easier for people to find the polls. If I didn't make them sticky people would be all "where are the categories!! waahaahhhh" I should have realized either way people would find something to btich about what was supposed to be a fun game. Good lord.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh, c'mon MM.  You really didn't think this would hurt anyone's feelings?  No one came in here saying OMIGOD take them down!  We were just explaining why it made us a little uncomfortable.... which I still think are completely legitimate feelings.  and, before you can refute, B... no. It has nothing to do with being 'left out' of the polls.

</div>
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2010
    FWIW- I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's the Internet FFS. Don't take is so damn seriously.

ETA: I don't see why people are feeling bad for Kiki now. She came over here, knowing full well that people on SB didn't like her, yet she posted anyway. It's not like she friends with a bunch of people here, like she is on E. If it were on E, it'd be a different story.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:fc2c0038-25e3-4b20-bfc1-e4623fc596ac">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fine, I'll take the sitckies down. I figured it would be a easier for people to find the polls. If I didn't make them sticky people would be all "where are the categories!! waahaahhhh" I should have realized either way people would find something to btich about what was supposed to be a fun game. Good lord.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    That's what you get for trying to have a good time.

I don't understand how everyone was okay with it yesterday and now there's bitching.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:f1671fd5-e78d-48ef-a2a5-98fe2c706ddb">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : That's what you get for trying to have a good time. <strong>I don't understand how everyone was okay with it yesterday and now there's bitching.
    </strong>Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

I was just going to say this. I mean, I feel bad about the kiki one, but I don't think it's OMG EVIL IT MUST BE REMOVED FOR THE SAKE OF MANKIND. This is a wedding message board.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:b50ecd8a-527f-48f1-a4fe-8f93abd59dda">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]and, before you can refute, B... no. It has nothing to do with being 'left out' of the polls.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    That's funny, because Sesh's first complaint was that it felt like a popularity contest.

Either way ladies, if you don't want to participate you don't have to.  Let the rest of us have our fun.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:b50ecd8a-527f-48f1-a4fe-8f93abd59dda">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : Oh, c'mon MM.  You really didn't think this would hurt anyone's feelings?  No one came in here saying OMIGOD take them down!  We were just explaining why it made us a little uncomfortable.... which I still think are completely legitimate feelings.  and, before you can refute, B... no. It has nothing to do with being 'left out' of the polls.

So you should have said soemthing yesterday.  And come on yourself. I am hardly some one who is known for devising plans to be mean and hurting peoples feelings. I AM some one who knows not to take the internet seriously and that we do stuff like this all the time, just in different forms. If people really had a huge problem with the idea they could have talked it out with me. I am not some one who is all, "whatever I do what I want" when it comes to this board.
  • I dont see any problem with Kiki being nominated.  She is probably loving it, and no doubt will have a post about it at some point today on E.

She posts here just as often as Poli does, and no one seems to have a problem with Poli being nominated. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:387e7a6f-cc38-40e4-85bd-449cb8abc4b0">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]...Can we all hug?  I feel like I'm crying in my room while my parents are fighting.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

TK is falling apart. The good morning thread on E was interesting.
  • Why be so negative? So certain people didn't make it into the poll. ::shrugs:: I think this is a really nice way to point out a few people who others find special (for the good polls) and give them a high five. I don't care if I didn't get a single vote. I like the other people listed and they are well deserving. It is meant to be FUN.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:f13f63d8-3c08-4eb3-b1d4-a3bef3705a42">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : I never said you were someone who tries to hurt people's feelings. I've never felt that way, so I really hope it didn't come across like that.   <span style="font-weight:bold;">I just also don't understand the shock from you and B that people are commenting on it being a little off-putting.  </span>
    Really? After everyone here that's bitching participated yesterday, knowing what was going to happen, you don't see how we're confused that it's all of a sudden become an issue?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:9be8664d-5065-4a57-a229-491435a0dc99">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : TK is falling apart. The good morning thread on E was interesting.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

It is nice to see Fishy and others seeing the light about amoro.
  • What? Fun? That's crazy!
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know why I am adding in my two cents but I am...I do NOT understand how anybody who participated in yesterday's threads could not have envisioned what the end result was going to look like. This is exactly what I thought it would end up being. 

I also agree with the popularity contest thing BUT I don't see how that is any different than any lovefest/poll/whatever on SB...anytime someone posts favourite/least favourite posts it is ALWAYS the same names on each list (for the most part), the only difference this time is that it is limited to the top 5 contenders and in the end there will be actual 'winners' (or 'losers' I suppose).

Also, I agree with the Kiki vs. FM thing...she is a real person too but it appears everyone hates FM vs. only a few hate Kiki so who cares? (edited because I inserted the wrong short form in this last part!)

Finally, it is just the internet. I remind myself of this every time I am not listed in a lovefest. If your sense of who you are (or aren't) is derived from an internet based poll you need to stop posting here.
  • Honestly, and I admit I read it wrong, I thought M&M and B were just counting up the people from the thread yesterday. I honestly didn't realize there would be an entirely separate contest of sorts with clicky polls until I went back and re-read it. So yes, that was my fault.

And M&M, I wouldn't have said anything because I'm just not interested in drama and upsetting people.
  • WTF.  So we aren't allowed to say "that seems mean to me" without it suddenly meaning we're also advocating for it to be taken down?  I think lots of things are inappropriate/mean/rude but that doesn't mean I'm advocating for all of those threads to be removed.  I'm making an observation. 

And Poli was nominated for lots of nice things.  Not biggest Dbag.  So that doesn't flow for me.  As far as I know, futuremrs doesn't even post on the boards anymore.  It would be like putting MrsE up.  But Kiki does.  If MC had of ended up on that poll I would have said the same thing, and I can't stand her ass most of the time.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• FutureMrs is the mod of at least one board, so I'm pretty sure she still posts.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:dc2de208-e593-40fc-bb1b-c3edb8f0c22a">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]FutureMrs is the mod of at least one board, so I'm pretty sure she still posts.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Thank you Cew for updating my Knot knowledge.  I will include her in there too, then, even though I REALLY REALLY cannot stand her ass.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:dc2de208-e593-40fc-bb1b-c3edb8f0c22a">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]FutureMrs is the mod of at least one board, so I'm pretty sure she still posts.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Yup.  Just because she doesn't post here doesn't mean she's left the knot entirely.

And I'm still just stuck on how this was okay yesterday but is not today.  Not one person spoke up yesterday to say they thought it was a bad idea or mean at all.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:f3216513-e88e-4f78-a9c6-85fd39466f08">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, and I admit I read it wrong, I thought M&M and B were just counting up the people from the thread yesterday. I honestly didn't realize there would be an entirely separate contest of sorts with clicky polls until I went back and re-read it. So yes, that was my fault. And M&M, I wouldn't have said anything because I'm just not interested in drama and upsetting people.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>kind of agree with this.  I skimmed the post, to be honest... and just answered the poll, because that's what I do when I see a poll. So, yes, that's my fault for not reading it perfectly.  </div><div>
    </div><div>It was just a culmination of everything.  No, it's not bad that they were stickied; no, it's not bad it was a poll; no, it's not bad it was condensed for today... but just all added up, it left a weird taste in my mouth, so to speak.  I'm confused, though, why I can't express my feelings on the whole thing?  </div>
  • FutureMrs is the mod of Just Engaged & Proposals, and still posts there, from what I've seen in the last few days.
  • I guess I just dont see the big deal.  We do knottie polls all the time that ask "Least favorite poster" etc.

I can see Sesh point about her not liking it.  I dont think she meant we shouldnt do it, just that its not something she would choose to participate in.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:462de008-9eec-439e-953b-39dad94cb3d5">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : Thank you Cew for updating my Knot knowledge.  I will include her in there too, then, even though I REALLY REALLY cannot stand her ass.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Now lets get back to our radio show.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:f3f4f518-16f9-46ec-ad12-65f48ae6d3ab">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]FutureMrs is the mod of Just Engaged & Proposals, and still posts there, from what I've seen in the last few days.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Oct 11 too.
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Because yesterday you had to own up to who you thought was a dbag.  I'm sorry, but this smacks of the same cowardace that people get flamed for on here.  Also, do we really need to see exactly how many people think Kiki or futuremrs think is a dbag?

Me saying "I think that Cew is a giant douchebag" is completely different than saying "Okay, everybody vote on how many of you think Cew is a giant douchebag!"  Mainly because I have to own up to my comment and this allows me to be a chickensh*t and post it anonymously.  And I think if you're going to call someone out, have the balls to do it where you're owning it.

PS - Cew is not really a douchebag.

• This reminds me of the Will Ferrell short skit "The Landlord" when Pearl, the baby, goes "Bitch, bitch, bitch." :P

I voted.  I don't see how it's different from any lovefest.  It's cutesy.  I won't cry if no one else votes for me (yes I will--kidding, kidding)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:11e2f1fe-203b-4941-bebb-4ed5938b41a1">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because yesterday you had to own up to who you thought was a dbag.  I'm sorry, but this smacks of the same cowardace that people get flamed for on here.  Also, do we really need to see exactly how many people think Kiki or futuremrs think is a dbag? Me saying "I think that Cew is a giant douchebag" is completely different than saying "Okay, everybody vote on how many of you think Cew is a giant douchebag!"  Mainly because I have to own up to my comment and this allows me to be a chickensh*t and post it anonymously.  And I think if you're going to call someone out, have the balls to do it where you're owning it.<strong> PS - Cew is not really a douchebag.
    </strong>Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Yes I am.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:48eaf803-75ed-402b-9448-e46bee10c6a6">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]This reminds me of the Will Ferrell short skit "The Landlord" when Pearl, the baby, goes "Bitch, bitch, bitch." :P I voted.  I don't see how it's different from any lovefest.  It's cutesy.  I won't cry if no one else votes for me (yes I will--kidding, kidding)
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

<div>GIVE ME MY MONEY, BITCH!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards