Rhode Island

Bridesmaids dresses HELP!

I went shopping for bridesmaids dresses today. Well it was a waste of time!  I fell in love with two dress but they don't come in longer lengths. My sister is 6 2 and there made for 5 9. I have no clue what to do now. She could always wear another dress but I want them all to be the same.  Does anyone know were I could find a bigger selection of BM dresses in longer lengths?  Thank you!
83image 6image 0 image

Re: Bridesmaids dresses HELP!

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where did you go? David's Bridal has a large selection although their customer service department is crap but they have a wide variety of  color/style. Party Dress Express in Fall River, MA and Ana's Bridal in East Prov. has a reasonable selection of BM dresses too. As for everyone wearing the same dress style, I hope they all look good in it because people come in all different shapes and sizes so finding a flattering style to fit all is not easy. G.L
  • edited December 2011
    NY Lace in Taunton, Ma. has more bridemaid dresses than ive ever seen. 

Plus that's where I bought my dress!  So im bias. :)  GL

• edited December 2011
    I went to david's bridal. The ones that came in my color and looks good on everyone, they all tired them on, don't come in extra length.We only need one dress in extra length. But the ones I don't like do. I really don't know what to do.
    83image 6image 0 image
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let your sister wear a dress that will look good on her but in the same color as everyone else. It is much easier. And since she is your sister it isn't a big deal if she wears a different dress style but if you are determined to have your brides match, find a bridal shop that carries the style - start by bringing pictures to different bridal shops. Another option is have the dress custom made by a seamstress but than you have to find a seamstress. 
  • edited December 2011
    maybe you should look in to tea length dresses-then itll be knee length on your sis and the other girls can get them hemmed to knee length. there are a ton of tea length dresses out there. unless you want them floor length....
  • edited December 2011
     I would try Wishing Well bridal in East Providence. I thought they had the best and cheapest prices. They had a huge selection of dresses. 2 of my girls had to get extra length because they are 6'. I think it was like 5 inches more in length. They are Bill Lefcoff dress, but I think alot of companies do added length. I got my dress there so I guess I am bias too. They have been awesome to work with!
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cinderella's is great!  I got my dress there along with my bridesmaid dresses and they are fabulous.  Also went to Erina's for my mothers dress and was very successful, they had great dresses too.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the sugestions! I have gone back to davids bridal several times and I think the biggest thing is they don't have what I am looking for, style wise and I was just settling.  I am going to check out the wishing well today I hope I have better luck there.  Thanks againSmile
    83image 6image 0 image
  • edited December 2011
    i am also 6'2" and i got my wedding dress from david's bridal. most of the dresses that are floor length on most can come in the "tall" length. i actually have to get mine hemmed because its longer than i am! go figure!! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards