Honeymoon Discussions

I feel like a brat, but do I have the right to be?

Ok, so I am the anti-bridezilla, seriously. This wedding planning has been a breeze and I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. My FI and I booked our honeymoon 2 months ago to St. Lucia. Long story short, one of my co-workers is getting married the same day as us, and guess where him and his FI booked their honeymoon last week..ST. LUCIA! He was well aware of where we were going on our honeymoon. Does anyone else think this is weird?? So now we will be on the same flights, and the same transport from the airport to the hotel. Thankfully we are staying in different hotels but still. I feel a little bratty being a baby about this, I mean, i know i dont own the island or anything and they can go wherever they choose, but If my FI and I knew they were going to st. Lucia, we would've booked elsewhere. IDK. I'm just venting..

Re: I feel like a brat, but do I have the right to be?

• Meh, I wouldn’t worry about it too much, since it seems like you won’t see much of him on the actual honeymoon.  Just plan to give him a polite hello and then practice your “I’m so in love that I don’t notice anything but my new husband!” look so that you won’t have to chit-chat too much.  It sounds like you guys aren’t very close, since the same-date isn’t an issue.  Try to take it as a compliment – he thinks you have such great ideas that he’s copying them!  Although if he was staying at the same hotel, I’d think it was super weird.
  • You can't control where another couple books their HM and I'm pretty certain they didn't book it just because you did, they booked it there because thats also where they wanted to spend their Honeymoon. Just because you booked yours first doesn't mean they are copying you. Dont worry about it, and dont let it get to you because there is no reason for it.

You will be in different hotels on the island and I'm sure you are not planning any events together so you wont even see them. Do you know for sure you'll even be on the same flights there? Why would you be in the same transportation as them if you are both staying in different hotels? Arrange for a hotel shuttle to pick you up so you can get to the hotel without them if you are worried about that. Otherwise just let it go, do you really want that to ruin your honeymoon
  • I have to admit I'd probably also be annoyed at first.

But, you probably won't even see them when you get there. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Unless you don't like your coworker, I think it would be kinda neat to be honeymooning in the same location, at the same time.  I would seriously have no problem with that at all, but I like my coworkers and would probably invite them to get together for dinner one night.

• I understand wanting to pretend that it's just you and your new hubby on your honeymoon, but this probably isn't a big deal, unless you think your coworker might sit right next to you and chit chat the whole flight.  If they were staying at the same resort, I'd be totally annoyed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Unless they're sleeping in the bed with you, you're completely overreacting. Saying that you would've booked an entirely different honeymoon if you knew beforehand is just insane.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_feel-like-brat-but-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:6715a16f-a775-42a9-8591-fe00af624a93Post:a7cc9355-0370-44e8-b912-577cfae9a94d">Re: I feel like a brat, but do I have the right to be?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really? You would have booked an entirely different island just because your co-worker will happen to be there? That is bratty, yes. I mean seriously, the guy isn't even at the same hotel. You chose the place because it's somewhere you want to visit and it seemed perfect for the two of you. Presumably, he and his fiancée feel the same way. The island is resoundingly big enough for the lot of you.
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

Agree.
  • I know you girls are right. I was soooo annoyed at first. I'm over it now. We aren't friendly to the point where we would hang out as couples or anything, so I am pretty sure I won't be seeing them. It is just that Sandals allows you to use the ammenities of all their resorts. We will both be staying at different sandals hotels. What if I want to sun bathe topless. I def don't want to have a co-worker see me topless.LMAO! Anyways, i'm over it. I just had to see what everyone else's take on it was.

Has anyone else booked their honeymoons yet? If so, where?
  • Honestly, you'll probably be on different flights. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm pretty sure you'll still have a lovely time. 

Besides, I don't know how long you will be honeymooning but I know that after 4-5 days I'm usually in the mood to meet up with another couple to go to dinner. It breaks things up. 

Best wishes!
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
  • Don't worry about it. You and you new hubby should be concerned with enjoying yourselves, not who is on your flight, etc. If you get along ok, maybe do one night as a double date, activity, etc. but other than that, yes, you are overreacting.
  • Yeah, considering St. Lucia seems to be one of the most popular honeymoon spots, you can't really get mad about this.  You'll be amongst probably hundreds of other honeymooners.  Who knows, maybe they've had St. Lucia in mind too and it's absolutely not fair to expect them to not go where they want to go because you're going there too.  You said you won't be at the same resort, so what difference does it make?  Your honeymoon won't be any less special because someone you know is at a completely different resort the same week.  I think you're overreacting! It sounds like you realize that now though... Smile
  • I would just ignore the entire situation. It's YOU'RE honeymoon...I am sure you aren't planning the exact same things as them...so relax!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards