Florida-West Coast

Shoes for a beach wedding??

Hi Ladies! 

We are having a beach ceremony and reception in the hotel. (Both at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay.) I am barely over 5 feet tall and my fiance is 6'2" so I don't want to do the flipflop thing. What kind of shoes work well for not falling on your face at a beach wedding? I have never worn anything but flipflops to the beach so I have no idea. What do brides usually wear besides filp flops?

Thanks in advance:)

Re: Shoes for a beach wedding??

• koko8115koko8115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on flip flops, but I'm in kind of a similar situation. It sucks being so much smaller! You could try platform wedges, but it'll be tricky. I would definatly test it out before the big day. You don't want to trip while walking down the aisle!

• edited December 2011
    I don't see how you can wear heals on the beach? May be wedges? I'm not very tall either, but i prefer barefoot comfy, who cares if if i'm a midget? LOL

Maybe something like this will work.

• ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 5'4 and FI is 6'9" and i just can't do heels... but if i were on the beach, i would be barefoot. 

i love when the girl is so much shorter than the boy... it's cute and endearing :)
  • edited December 2011
    I bought flip flops with a 2" wedge. I'm 5'4 and he is 6'3. I think it will be fine with the difference in height... and it's not *so* hard to walk on the beach in different types of shoes. I've walked through sand in wedges, heels, jeans, etc. etc. It's not "easy" by any means, but it's doable. I think you should just find some shoes that you like! :) I have a pic of mine in my planning bio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I would do those spice girl flip flops , the ones with the monster platform

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_shoes-beach-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:688f6e6f-daef-4a2b-befd-d552b596f7e0Post:940417ce-8365-4460-92a5-706a4136e211">Re: Shoes for a beach wedding??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do those spice girl flip flops , the ones with the monster platform
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]This.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Married Bio

• mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am going to try some out. I will let you know what I end up going with:)
  • edited December 2011
    Also wedges with a strap around the ankle for support in the sand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards