Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Re: TGIF!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rants: I have two things: first to the resort I have chosen to host our wedding, why can't you ever just get back to me the first time I contact you? Is this a sign of what is to come in the next year?!?! I can tell you right now that won't fly!
    Second: It is review time at work and the new director wants our reviews to be extremely specific and geared towards our department initiatives for the upcoming year... hooray, now I get to redo all of my paperwork. I really wish my boss might have warned us ahead of time that we needed to be more specific this year so I wouldn't have wasted my time once already only to get to do it all again.

Raves: A friend of mine from high school is in town visiting. I can't wait to see her! Also have several birthdays this week, brother and FMIL to go celebrate!

Random fact: I just finished my first class for my MBA!! One down, like 15 more to go...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rave: I found out this week that the two sections of the CPA exam I took in July I passed!! I AM SO EXCITED! Only have to pass two more now!

Rant: I was supposed to be taking my third section today, but have been feeling completely burned out and just not focused on studying the last month so I am not taking it...oops....

Random Fact:  I googled random facts and came to a website with a bunch of random facts.... so I have no idea if it's true but heres an interesting/gross one...

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

Happy Friday to all!! :)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rants: Teacher workshops start on Monday and I sooo don't want to go back to school!  I've been avoiding going to my classroom but then I have to do school stuff at home.  Another rant: stupid weed pollen is making my allergies horrible!

Raves: I get to check out florists today and tomorrow, spend tomorrow at my FI's nephew's 1 year bday party, and have a relaxing weekend!

Random fact: Most pets I've had at one time: 11 (2 tree frogs, a chameleon, a python, a hognose snake, a leopard gecko, a day gecko, 2 parrotlets, a cat, and a dog)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: TGIF!:
    [QUOTEThe first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C. Happy Friday to all!! :)
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

EWWWW!!!

Rant: I am SOOOO burnt out on everything wedding related and of course this is the time when I should be putting the hammer down and getting stuff done. UGH!! I can't wait till after the wedding when I can spend money on things that have nothing to do with the wedding- like shopping!!

Rave: It's Friday and I am WAY excited to have a somewhat relaxing weekend.

Random Fact: I used to play competitive paintball before all this wedding stuff, and I can't wait to get back to it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  No good deed goes unpunished.  I volunteered to help someone catch up with some work, since mine is going pretty slow.  Instead of "helping" her, as I had volunteered to, I got all of her stupid fucking service of process (the whole reason I begged to leave that job months ago), and had I not said anything about it, I would have kept on getting it until the person who's out on psycho leave comes back, if she ever does.  To me, "help" means to assist someone with something, not do it all for them.  I really, really hate my job.  And then on top of it, I'm being told I did half of them wrong because nobody ever updated me about the changes that happened since the last time I did this over a year ago.

Rave:  going to the FAir in an hour and a half with one of my BMs, then meeting my brother there later to go to the Rush concert in the grandstand.  Yippeee!

Random Fact:  Ernest Hemmingway wrote standing up at a typewriter set to waist level - naked.  So not only was his junk dangling the whole time he wrote "The Sun Also Rises," but his back probably hurt, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: We cannot get ahold of our priest!  Both FI and I have been trying for a month and he hasn't called us back.  We are assured he is "alive" but just really busy. 

Rave: I have my first shower tomorrow. My aunts are throwing it and making buckets of pina coladas for me :) 

Random Fact: at one point in history women who complained of cramps were sent to a psychiatrist because cramps were seen as a rejection of one's femininity.   
    MSP Boards Signature Challenge: You and Your Flower Girl Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards