Missouri-St Louis

inexpensive venue for Fire & Ice themed wedding

Hello, 

Can anyone give me suggestion on VERY inexpensive place to hold a wedding ceremony and reception in November? We have a fire and ice themed plan however we can seem to find a place that we both love in price range that we can afford. We are both very creative and fun loving people with young kids. There will be a lot of children at our wedding also. We are planning around 100 people we want to keep it fairly small so that we can spend more time with those who were there for us over the last few year. We are illegally married however we eloped and have yet to have a wedding. This is a really big deal for our family because we almost lost my husband several times over the last couple of years due to cancer and heartaches. I have even considered art museums, restaurants, and even warehouse space however it feels like the more I research the less I find. We are really trying to keep ceremony and reception in the same location for out of town guest.

Thank you everyone,

Re: inexpensive venue for Fire & Ice themed wedding

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_inexpensive-venue-for-fire-ice-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:623ef4f1-c3b8-4c65-a4af-53b69f490f0aPost:2cf98d6d-d927-4368-8305-882e07bc0364">inexpensive venue for Fire & Ice themed wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello,  Can anyone give me suggestion on VERY inexpensive place to hold a wedding ceremony and reception in November? We have a fire and ice themed plan however we can seem to find a place that we both love in price range that we can afford. We are both very creative and fun loving people with young kids. There will be a lot of children at our wedding also. We are planning around 100 people we want to keep it fairly small so that we can spend more time with those who were there for us over the last few year. We are illegally married however we eloped and have yet to have a wedding. This is a really big deal for our family because we almost lost my husband several times over the last couple of years due to cancer and heartaches. I have even considered art museums, restaurants, and even warehouse space however it feels like the more I research the less I find. We are really trying to keep ceremony and reception in the same location for out of town guest.   Thank you everyone,
    Posted by WingoWedding2013[/QUOTE]

I don't really know what you mean by "inexpensive"
    That varies for a lot of people.

Third Degree Glass Factory is pretty cool and IMO would definitely fit with the Fire & Ice theme.
    You can have the space for four hour blocks. For a Sunday or weeknight event it costs $1200 to rent. It's $2200 for Friday/Saturday.
    The beer and wine service would be $1500 for 100 people. Or you could have a dry wedding for $700. (they also have more expensive packages that include liquor)
    And then they allow you to bring your own caterer which is where you can save a lot of money.
    That also includes chairs, tables, speakers and an ipod hook up so you wouldn't have to pay for a DJ.
    It's a cool space so it probably doesn't need a lot of decorations. So depending if you find a cheap caterer you could possibly do the whole event for under $5000 if you're thrifty.
    (also, if it's late enough in November you could try to negotiate with any of your venues as being "off season").

Magic Chef Mansion is very quirky. I'm not sure if you could really do a fire & ice theme with it... but it's a really cool place. And they have a really nice area outside you could do your vow renewal. I know when we looked at it for a January 2011 wedding it was $500 an hour, and you also supply your own caterer, so again, you could potentially be looking under 5k.

The Piper Palm house is very neat, and as it's got so many windows it could potentially lend to the ice aspect of your fire and ice, but they require you to use Butler's Pantry so I can't say that would be inexpensive.

I know absolutely nothing about their menu or prices. But Joe's Chili Bowl at the Terrace View is right off of the City Garden (not sure if you're familiar with it... lots of neat sculptures. We had our pictures taken there).
    You could see if the City would let you have your vow renewal in the garden (I don't know if you'd be able to bring in chairs, which is a problem, but there might be enough benches/walls for the majority of people to sit on if the ceremony is short. And then have the reception at the restaurant.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_inexpensive-venue-for-fire-ice-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:623ef4f1-c3b8-4c65-a4af-53b69f490f0aPost:2cf98d6d-d927-4368-8305-882e07bc0364">inexpensive venue for Fire & Ice themed wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello,  Can anyone give me suggestion on VERY inexpensive place to hold a wedding ceremony and reception in November? We have a fire and ice themed plan however we can seem to find a place that we both love in price range that we can afford. We are both very creative and fun loving people with young kids. There will be a lot of children at our wedding also. We are planning around 100 people we want to keep it fairly small so that we can spend more time with those who were there for us over the last few year. <strong>We are illegally married however we eloped and have yet to have a wedding.</strong> This is a really big deal for our family because we almost lost my husband several times over the last couple of years due to cancer and heartaches. I have even considered art museums, restaurants, and even warehouse space however it feels like the more I research the less I find. We are really trying to keep ceremony and reception in the same location for out of town guest.   Thank you everyone,

<div>It seems that you have already had a wedding.  Is this a vow renewal?</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, how inexpensive is "VERY inexpensive"?  $50?  $1,000?  Our venue was $950 and I thought that was inexpensive.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_inexpensive-venue-for-fire-ice-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:623ef4f1-c3b8-4c65-a4af-53b69f490f0aPost:2cf98d6d-d927-4368-8305-882e07bc0364">inexpensive venue for Fire & Ice themed wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello,  Can anyone give me suggestion on VERY inexpensive place to hold a wedding ceremony and reception in November? We have a fire and ice themed plan however we can seem to find a place that we both love in price range that we can afford. We are both very creative and fun loving people with young kids. There will be a lot of children at our wedding also. We are planning around 100 people we want to keep it fairly small so that we can spend more time with those who were there for us over the last few year. We are illegally married however we eloped and have yet to have a wedding. This is a really big deal for our family because we almost lost my husband several times over the last couple of years due to cancer and heartaches. I have even considered art museums, restaurants, and even warehouse space however it feels like the more I research the less I find. We are really trying to keep ceremony and reception in the same location for out of town guest.   Thank you everyone,

Have you considered offering a candy buffet at your wedding? They are a great addition to any reception. It sounds like your wedding is very family oriented, kids and adults love the unique experience of a candy buffet! Check out my website for more info.
     <a href="http://www.pod-candy.com" rel="nofollow">www.pod-candy.com</a>

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards