Georgia-Savannah

First Post to Knot :)

We have had a heck of a time deciding on a second wedding due to so many concerns...children, out of town family, etc. We love Tybee and Savannah, so we have decided on a beach wedding. I want to do simple, but not cheap-looking. Are there any suggestions for catering for brunch on the beach or very nearby locals? How does one serve cake at 11am? lol!
Nicole

Re: First Post to Knot :)

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Eleven, to me, is pretty much lunch time.  People love an excuse to eat cake, so I wouldn't worry about that much.  There are several places out on Tybee that do great brunch menues.  Those places also do catering.  Contact Marlin Monroe's, Fannie's on the Beach and Sundae Cafe.  I would stick with lighter food, espcially if you are getting married in the summer.  I would do lots of fruit, tea type sandwhiches, shrimp, a summer salad.  I would also stick with a lighter flavored cake. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There are definitely places that can accomadate what you are looking for.  We recently went to my Bacherlorette Getaway and stayed on Tybee,  We found a place that was cute that did a variety of tacos the place is called, Tybee Island Social Club. It is right off the beach I was impressed as they had a twist on tacos.  Just an idea.  As for cake everyone loves cake anytime of day :)

http://tybeeislandsocialclub.com/index.php
  • kkaurakkaura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just came from a wedding that was held at the Shiner's Club on north beach Tybee. It was really nice. Plus it was indoors with windows all along the side to take in the beach. They had the wedding on the beach and then came indoors for the reception, but it still felt very beachy since it pretty much was the scenery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards