Snarky Brides

AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS

Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:fb905adf-f720-47d3-8bac-84be1a82e8f1">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : If you do it the way we do it, yep.  And it could've been cheaper if he wasn't a dumbass and ordered the paperwork from some random website.  I could've bought them from a Legal Forms place by where I work for like $25, but he ordered them with all of our names and addresses already entered, so they charged him like $150 for that. Plus the filing fees and the notary costs.  And that was it.  We had no attorneys, because there were no major assets to divide.
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

Same with us - except now that I think of it, I had to pay like $14 to have him served with the paperwork.  But it was a hell of a lot cheaper than my wedding lol 
  • Divorces are pretty cheap unless you need to go to court to contest stuff or hire a lawyer.

The paperwork itself just to file and process is cheap.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:11efb601-3da2-4a98-8f6e-955dd3695554">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]Divorces are only $250?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

I wish.Mine cost like $3500.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:4136db18-9a00-4108-b7e2-bbf51353e199">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : Same with us - except now that I think of it, I had to pay like $14 to have him served with the paperwork.  But it was a hell of a lot cheaper than my wedding lol 
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]
    I didn't even have to have him served because we went to the courthouse together the day we filed.<div>
    </div><div>When we walked in, the guards thought that we were there for a marriage license.  FUN.</div>

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• I really thought divorces would cost a lot more too!

We got our first wedding gift last night. New silverware. I was totally just going to use it, and Zach was so against it. I know the ettiquette of it, but I was still like, "what's the worst that could happen, we don't go through with it and I have to buy $20 worth of silverware at Target and ship it back to these people?"

I'm using it. superstitions and ettiquette be damned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:bb4bfab0-44fa-4084-bcb8-8a4e27688343">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : I didn't even have to have him served because we went to the courthouse together the day we filed. When we walked in, the guards thought that we were there for a marriage license.  FUN.

I wish it had been that easy - my Ex-H told me if I wanted a divorce then I could file and pay for it. So that's what I did. Best $300 I ever spent to be honest. And we're actually pretty good friends now that we don't have to live with each other.
  • I still get rabidly pissed when I think about your ex husband Ash.  He is a colossal loser.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:7d4453de-14aa-4465-b325-4b46085ffcd3">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still get rabidly pissed when I think about your ex husband Ash.  He is a colossal loser.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    I'm reaching that point myself.  It only took a week and a half.<div>
    </div><div>I talked to the guy who told me the whole story the other day-- he said that they used to joke and laugh about me driving past the house, and joke about how they couldn't go to the grocery store that I go to because they might run into me.</div><div>
    </div><div>Classy.  Seriously.</div>

• I have a flame.

There are some people who only pop in every other week or so in the night threads (if their friends start it).  They dont contribute to any other posts, and dont really interact with the rest of the board except for 1 night thread every few weeks. 

I know that people are busy and sometimes can only post at night, but the people they are posting with, they are friends with outside TK and communicate other places.  I guess its more of a "I dont get it", but why bother here if you have no interest in being a part of the board?

I noticed it in Nates night thread last night (or the night before?) with ConFa and some others.  I never see them here unless they are chatting with their friends in a night thread every few weeks or so.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:46bff6a9-22a9-4a27-9715-e2798ad007be">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : I'm reaching that point myself.  It only took a week and a half. I talked to the guy who told me the whole story the other day-- he said that they used to joke and laugh about me driving past the house, and joke about how they couldn't go to the grocery store that I go to because they might run into me. Classy.  Seriously.

Oh.  My. F2w3eo9iruagkjh
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:25cc5025-989e-4911-b168-bdcda49469a0">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a flame. There are some people who only pop in every other week or so in the night threads (if their friends start it).  They dont contribute to any other posts, and dont really interact with the rest of the board except for 1 night thread every few weeks.  I know that people are busy and sometimes can only post at night, but the people they are posting with, they are friends with outside TK and communicate other places.  I guess its more of a "I dont get it", but why bother here if you have no interest in being a part of the board? I noticed it in Nates night thread last night (or the night before?) with ConFa and some others.  I never see them here unless they are chatting with their friends in a night thread every few weeks or so.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>actually I have to agree here. Yes, I am not on every day and tend to pop on and off, but when threads like that come up, I don't bother posting. It doesn't really "invite" the board in. It's a little unencouraging for other posters.</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:4b3ae74c-9856-4a79-a90c-b6a5b3fe2430">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]To add to Blue's point, I hate when someone who doesn't post often posts and then the next 3 or 4 posts are "OMG, it's a X sighting!!!!".<strong><u> IMO, that is exactly the kid of reaction they are looking for. 
    </u></strong>Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Yes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:4b3ae74c-9856-4a79-a90c-b6a5b3fe2430">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]To add to Blue's point, I hate when someone who doesn't post often posts and then the next 3 or 4 posts are "OMG, it's a X sighting!!!!". IMO, that is exactly the kid of reaction they are looking for. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Yeah. that too.

I agree, Blue. I've noticed it with other people too, but I'm blanking right now.
  • AATB maybe she just doesn't want it to all be about her? Or she's a little naive?  I'd probably want to pretend that I would be a-okay for my BFF's wedding, KWIM?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:25cc5025-989e-4911-b168-bdcda49469a0">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a flame. There are some people who only pop in every other week or so in the night threads (if their friends start it).  They dont contribute to any other posts, and dont really interact with the rest of the board except for 1 night thread every few weeks.  I know that people are busy and sometimes can only post at night, but the people they are posting with, they are friends with outside TK and communicate other places.  I guess its more of a "I dont get it", but why bother here if you have no interest in being a part of the board? I noticed it in Nates night thread last night (or the night before?) with ConFa and some others.  I never see them here unless they are chatting with their friends in a night thread every few weeks or so.

<div>I do this with the morning threads, but it doesn't matter who posts it. I just have days/weeks that I don't check in, and the morning thread is the easiest spot to say hi and then run away again. I do want to be part of the board, but I really don't have time to post a lot, and there aren't a lot of posts day to day to hit and run. I try to read some of the threads, but they are dead by the time I can catch up. I can see that happening with a night thread. Not saying that's what's happening there, but it's what's happening when I streak through a morning thread and then disappear. </div><div>
    </div><div>Please now commence with the "BEC SIGHTING!!!" comments. I'm waiting. ;) </div>
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    But Bec- you dont ONLY post there.  You are busy but pop in to different threads when you can.  To me thats different than if, lets say, Cew started a morning thread and you only came around once a week to post in it and just talk to her, M&M, and J&K.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:fd40001f-3e8e-429a-b8d1-cec24ff35540">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : I do this with the morning threads, but it doesn't matter who posts it. I just have days/weeks that I don't check in, and the morning thread is the easiest spot to say hi and then run away again. I do want to be part of the board, but I really don't have time to post a lot, and there aren't a lot of posts day to day to hit and run. I try to read some of the threads, but they are dead by the time I can catch up. I can see that happening with a night thread. Not saying that's what's happening there, but it's what's happening when I streak through a morning thread and then disappear.  Please now commence with the "BEC SIGHTING!!!" comments. I'm waiting. ;) 
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

You don't really do that. You're intermittent but you don't only post if its your friends thread.
  • I see your point, Blue. I can also understand that some people are just more comfortable posting in threads by people they know. I'm more apt to respond to threads that have lots of friends in them than in threads that 1. I don't care about the poster or her problem or 2. Have a lot of people I don't really know posting. It's hard to jump in on threads like that, especially when I see other threads by people I do know. 
  • I have a really stupid TK-related confession.

When Simply Fated is the last one to have posted on a thread, it says "5 minutes ago by Simply Fat..." and it makes me giggle every time.

OMG HI BEC

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:406fad69-3ab0-4c82-97c3-db238045991f">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see your point, Blue. I can also understand that some people are just more comfortable posting in threads by people they know. I'm more apt to respond to threads that have lots of friends in them than in threads that 1. I don't care about the poster or her problem or 2. Have a lot of people I don't really know posting. It's hard to jump in on threads like that, especially when I see other threads by people I do know. 
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

No I get that.  But to me, if one night you are having the convo somewhere else, and then one night you feel like bringing it here, its just weird to me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:d9f23ec5-1d4e-4234-b48d-11776333f2a3">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : No I get that.  But to me, if one night you are having the convo somewhere else, and then one night you feel like bringing it here, its just weird to me. 
    I have wondered that before.  Like, I know they're friends on FB, so why come here for a night thread?  IDGI.<div>
    </div><div>I also wonder how Chelsea decides which threads she's going to post here, and which threads to post on E.  It makes me curious.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:c94a7d43-9d9f-4887-b411-6548d08b76f6">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : I have wondered that before.  Like, I know they're friends on FB, so why come here for a night thread?  IDGI. <strong>I also wonder how Chelsea decides which threads she's going to post here, and which threads to post on E.  It makes me curious.
    </strong>Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

I wondered that very same thing this morning.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:d9f23ec5-1d4e-4234-b48d-11776333f2a3">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : No I get that.  But to me, if one night you are having the convo somewhere else, and then one night you feel like bringing it here, its just weird to me. 

<div>i2i. :) Seriously though, I agree. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:d37aea31-22f9-4193-9874-e3f0cd892412">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a really stupid TK-related confession. When Simply Fated is the last one to have posted on a thread, it says "5 minutes ago by Simply Fat..." and it makes me giggle every time. OMG HI BEC

In my mind simply fat is her SN. She's also really tiresome and uuuuugh. Not a fan.
  • I don't usually have a thought process on it, it's just where I feel like posting something.  I did think about the one this morning, only because E gets more traffic, which means I'm more likely to get someone who could answer my question.  If that makes sense.  But on most posts, it's just random.
  • *Sigh* My sister (the mom to Peanut) is having her 23rd birthday party on Saturday. She just sent out a blast text message to everybody she knows inviting them with the location and info and stuff.  She ended with, and I quote:

“cards and presences aren’t required but greatly appreciated…I accept all major credit cards, debit cards and EBT cards too lol”. 

*HEADDESKHEADMOTHERF*CKINGDESK*

I am so embarassed by my family. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:5e14d01e-3c0f-42a8-8647-ebc8f852d099">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : In my mind simply fat is her SN. She's also really tiresome and uuuuugh. Not a fan.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I'm not a big fan either.  Which is largely (ha) why it amuses me that it abbreviates that way.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:42138728-c451-4b7b-8587-1827a74f8fa5">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't usually have a thought process on it, it's just where I feel like posting something.  I did think about the one this morning, only because E gets more traffic, which means I'm more likely to get someone who could answer my question.  If that makes sense.  But on most posts, it's just random.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]
    That's what I assumed, but I was just curious.  I always wonder why you posted it where you did, though I realize that's just me being stupid.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:957eeb31-5105-41a3-bba6-bcbdd19ae6ec">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS : That's what I assumed, but I was just curious.  I always wonder why you posted it where you did, though I realize that's just me being stupid.

curious =/= stupid :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtakaakavents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:92370549-4a66-45b3-8afb-1b6f5205aca5Post:11efb601-3da2-4a98-8f6e-955dd3695554">Re: AYG/TAKA/AKA/VENTS</a>:
    [QUOTE]Divorces are only $250?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Mine was only 50.00
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards