Wedding Etiquette Forum

*cute Anna*

I saw in the cash bar thread that you're actually from CFL and getting married in Otown.  I live in CFL.  Where did you grow up?
The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
"So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

Re: *cute Anna*

• I'm not Anna, but I grew up in Port Orange/Daytona Beach. I miss CFL and want to go back. SO much better than north FL.
  • my brother got married in port orange.  it's about 45 min up the road from me

• I grew up in Orlando. Actual Orlando too, not one of the random places people say is Orlando. I'm getting married in Winter Park though.

Seshat--I like north Florida! If I ever get back to Florida I would like to live the northern part of the state.
  • Where at? We wanted to get married in Port Orange, but most of our guests would have had to drive so we just stayed here.
  • Sesh, I've always been curious and this may just be me being ignorant having lived in the Northeast my whole life, but what is Florida's First Coast?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • TR- I live in Florida my whole life and I just had to look it up. I think it is just the very northeast corner of Florida, around Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Amelia Island.
  • ah, thanks Anna!
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • I had never heard of the first coast either until I came on TK. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yep, 1st coast is St. Augustine area because it's the 1st city in the US.

I grew up in actual Orlando as well, Anna.  Pine Hills to be specific.  You know, before it became Crime Hills.

• MRs. B, did you go to Evans? I went to Boone although I actually grew up in Oak Ridge district.
  • PUBLIX CUPCAKES!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Yum, Fish!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:42167530-2281-4fa8-b530-9d06e9acdccf">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]PUBLIX CUPCAKES!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Out of everything I miss about living in Florida, including the weather and even sometimes my family, I miss Publix the most. Best grocery store ever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:1c7c43c8-ae48-47ad-9e8e-2978b410be1b">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, I've always been curious and this may just be me being ignorant having lived in the Northeast my whole life, but what is Florida's First Coast?
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I had a meeting to go to. The PPs are right about the first coast, but I know on TK it also includes a few cities on the west coast. I've seen a couple girls who are closer to Gainesville and even Tampa, but TK still lists it as FL's First Coast.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:224aac6f-7675-4359-af50-515eb5c1b09f">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *cute Anna* : Out of everything I miss about living in Florida, including the weather and even sometimes my family, I miss Publix the most. Best grocery store ever.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

No way. Winn-Dixie is the best. Their rewards card saves me almost $.60/gallon every time.
  • but Publix has the best cupcakes and cakes EVER.  Ask Fishy if you don't believe me. ;-)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:ed7b2a6b-3201-4795-a27c-f0d3cdfc13f6">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]MRs. B, did you go to Evans? I went to Boone although I actually grew up in Oak Ridge district.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Private school but my parents are both E grads.

• Anna, I love your venue!! It's beautiful!! I didn't even know that was over there. I feel like everyone who gets married in Orlando gets married at Leu Gardens.

And hell yeah to Publix!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:609fb0ff-304b-4af5-b4a5-a8cb3197c044">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna, I love your venue!! It's beautiful!! I didn't even know that was over there. I feel like everyone who gets married in Orlando gets married at Leu Gardens. And hell yeah to Publix!!!!
    Posted by waitingformay[/QUOTE]

I feel like everyone who gets married in Port Orange does so at Sugar Mill Gardens. And if I could have, I totally would have done the same. Cement dinosaurs and all.
  • All of our Winn Dixies are closing down here.

Publix SUBS! I'm starving now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards