Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Jamaica vs. St. Lucia???

Has anyone been to Jamaica and St. Lucia?  Which would you recommend for a honeymoon?  We've been dealing with a couple of agents and for some reason they all keep pushing Jamaica even though we tell them we're leaning towards St. Lucia.  People that I've spoken to say that Jamaica is beautiful but there are a lot shady characters and places there which is part of why we're leaning towards St. Lucia (not to mention it's beautiful)  We're limited with islands to pick from because we want an All Inclusive Hotel and we're going during hurricane season.  Jamaica has a lot more AI hotels to choose from whereas in St. Lucia it's really only Sandals.

Thank you!

Re: Jamaica vs. St. Lucia???

• Options
    we first looked at St. Lucia but it was way over our budget, so we actually just got back from Antigua!  We did Sandals and it was wonderful!Cool
  • Options
    Been to both and by far St. Lucia is much much nicer.

• Options
    Depends, if you do Negril its beautiful! Especially Sandals Negril.
  • Options
    Not even a close comparassion....St Lucia is MUCH nicer.
    Spring Break 2013
  • Options
    If you're on a budget, Jamaica is much more affordable. We went to Couples Swept Away in Negril and it was beautiful. We had actually looked at going to St. Lucia but it was way too pricey for us.
  • Options
    If you can afford it, St. Lucia is much nicer.  But, if you are on a budget Jam gives you more bang for your buck (and is still pretty beautiful).
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  You've helped solidify St. Lucia. I just needed to hear it from other people that it's the better choice!
  • Options
    St. Lucia - totally.

I know a couple who has gone to Jamaica every other year for 10 years, and they say that J has gone so far down that the past three trips, they've been advised to just stay on the resort property - which looks like Clearwater Beach where we live - and not explore anywhere.
  • Options
    Any Sandals is wonderful.  I know you will love either of them.  
  • Options
    My vote would be St. Lucia we HM'd there and stayed at the Sandals Grande and loved it, there is so much to do and a beautiful island.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards