New York-Western

Wed. Rants and Rave

Let them rip ladies!
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: Wed. Rants and Rave

• edited December 2011
    We are having a friend do our invitations and the original idea she came up with was amazing, but then she showed me on friday her new idea and it looked like she took 2 minutes to design. she has had over a year to think about these and i am just so frustrated with her bc she keeps putting our invites off. note she does work for a company who does this...so this is a part of her job, and we are paying her! she has done this for 3 other firiends weddings and they have been amazing, so why now the lack of effort?
    Vacation Anniversary
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Work is starting to get busy and I really don't have time for it!

Rave: 10 more days!

Rave: I get to see my dress this weekend for the first time, I can't wait!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Can I just find a freaking dress I can afford already???

Rave: I have the best FI ever :-)He keeps me sane and calm and makes everything better when I'm about to have a breakdown ( Money truly is the root of all evil! Curse you, student loans!)

Rant: I wish one of the 5 places I applied to would call me. I really need to not be driving an hour to work ,one way, when gas is over $4

Rave: The weather has been lovely lately! I wish I could enjoy it more. Stupid retail.

146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_wed-rants-rave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:c108a3d2-b429-498f-801a-62701d5a46baPost:422b9651-0f9a-46b3-bcb8-669ebb069f14">Re: Wed. Rants and Rave</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rant: <strong>Can I just find a freaking dress I can afford already???

</strong>What is your budget? Maybe we can help!
  • shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_wed-rants-rave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:c108a3d2-b429-498f-801a-62701d5a46baPost:fff00e3b-a610-497e-90ca-8a13b7c284ed">Re: Wed. Rants and Rave</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wed. Rants and Rave : [QUOTE]Rant: Can I just find a freaking dress I can afford already??? What is your budget? Maybe we can help!
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]

I have $275 saved up and of course all the dresses I really like are $500+. I saw this <a href="http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Pleated-Drop-Waist-Bodice-with-Pick-up-Skirt-9SAS1203_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes" target="_blank">(click)</a>  dress online at David's Bridal for $249. If I order it by the 15th, shipping is free so I think I'm gonna go for it. if I don't like it, I have 14 days to return it.

I'm just so sick of looking for them!
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards