Massachusetts-Boston

first dance song??

Has anyone heard of the song "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg?  If so, what do you think of that song?  would it be good for a first dance song?

what about the song "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk?  what do you think of this song?

I also like Your Song by Elton John and You're The Inspiration by Chicago

Re: first dance song??

• edited December 2011
    I originally wanted Feels Like Home and my husband was totally against it. He thought it was a bit too slow and wanted something with a swing to it. We went with "The Way You Look Tonight" as performed by Frank Sinatra. I still loveeeee Feels Like Home... even though it reminds me of Dawson's Creek :)

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    took us awhile to find a song that wasnt too cliche, but we chose "Naked as we came" by Iron & Wine.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love "Feels like Home" but I do agree it reminds me of Dawson's :)

We are going to use "You are the best thing" by Ray Lamontagne
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I also LOVE "Feels like Home"...we chose Me and You by Kenny Chesney as our first dance song.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're having Brad Paisley "she's everything" ....FI picked it!
    I really love "feels like home"...we wanted it for our last dance, but we went to FI's cousins wedding and they had it as the first song...so...I think I wanna find another song!..but I love it! (it's really pretty by Edwina Hayes too)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We did "come what may" from moulin rouge.  If you like elton john's your song, you might like that.  Also, if you can afford it, get yourself at least ONE dance class.  It is sooooooooo worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to use Kenny Chesney "Me and You" but now I think we are gonna go with Keith Urban "Making Memories of Us" they are both very romantic.
    I love other kinds of music but the country songs have that extra romance for the first dance. the lyrics are so important!
  • edited December 2011
    I really like Feels Like Home. We had such a hard time choosing a song. H pretty much left it up to me because he didn't have one that he liked more than another. A few weeks before the wedding, I ended up remembering that he always, always plated Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" when we first started dating. So, that was how we made that decision.
  • alyson107alyson107 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful choice- I've had this song picked out since I was a kid! Dan Fogelberg's voice is so pretty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards