New York

Overwhelmed (long)

Hi, ladies.. sorry I've been MIA lately. It seems as if everything is completely out of control right now. On top of working full-time, (in which I drive 1:15 each way), I have my graduate thesis due in a few weeks, AND I just found out I got accepted to sit for my certification exams in my field in November.. and, of course, wedding planning. This had made for 18 hour days with traveling for work. I think I have just about lost my mind.

So then, it turns out that FI's best friend (and BM) since childhood is living on borrowed time. He has cystic fibrosis and is turning for the worse. This is just heart breaking, not to mention that he lost his other BFF about six years ago to a car accident. It hurts so much to watch him potentially lose another friend. I'm doing everything to keep from crying at work. While I try to keep all the faith, I can't imagine what this must be like for the two of them.

I know this isn't the happiest post, but I wanted you to know that I didn't go missing for no reason! Hopefully everything will calm down come November :-)
image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Overwhelmed (long)

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow.  Good luck with the thesis and the cert exams.  Wedding planning can wait until November as long as you've done the biggies, which I think you have!

So sorry to hear about FI's best friend; that's heartbreaking.  But I'm sure FI is very happy and lucky to have you by his side to help him through.  Sad situations like this really make you rethink your priorities.

*hugs*  Feel better soon.
    Anniversary
  • ski2playski2play member
    edited December 2011

Very sad news indeed for you and your FI.  Keep you chin up and lean on us if you need to! 

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate being able to just let it out! Especially because I've been doing my best to keep it together for his sake.  We all go through moments like this, but it's never easy when you're dealing with life/death situations. It makes everything else seem so insignificant.

Thank you again :-)
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear about FIs friend. As someone who has lost a small handful of friends and classmates, I know how hard it can be. You, FI, and BM are in my thoughts and prayers.

As far as the business...yikes! Keep your head up and push though it. I know it can be rough with such a busy day (Im gone from 8am-10pm M-F), but it wont be forever and once its done and the wedding has passed and the exam and thesis are over, you'll feel such huge relief and everything will have been worth it.

Ive learned through my internship not to wish luck but to encourage the strength to be able to accomplish and get through the problems that you need to, so thats what Im doing. You can do this!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, Bridgett :-) You are right, take it one thing at a time. Also, I've been very fortunate to not have experienced much loss in my life. I'm not sure how to react and make sense of it all. My best option is to just keep moving forward and stay positive. I'll keep you all posted and come here for T&P!

• raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about this! Just stay strong for your FI, but don't be afraid to be sad. Sending positive thoughts and good vibes your way.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ((hugs)) to you and fi... healing thoughts to your bm.  Frown  miracles happen every day, so don't lose faith.  And take everything one day at a time. 

People have planned entire weddings in a matter of weeks... so if you have to put everything aside until November, it's really no sweat.  Your wedding is one day... your thesis paper and certification can impact your entire future... focus on those now.  If the DIY projects get started late it really won't matter in the grand scheme of things, know what I mean? 

I hope things get better.  You've got an awful lot on your plate right now.  Hang in there and feel free to vent to us any time.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Echoing what the other girls have already said.... feel free to vent and get it out anytime! It'll make you feel so much better :)

And I'm so sorry to hear about your FI's friend.. that has got to be so scary and upsetting. Have faith. T & P with you guys and him!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your T&P ladies. It means a lot to me!!

All this is really new to me, and like I mentioned before, I'm fortunate that I've never experienced something like that. As far as wedding stuff goes, we haven't had to do anything and all the vendors are booked which is good. Sometimes just when you think you've got it all together, it all falls apart. I don't like to think like that, especially because I'm so thankful for everything, especially my health. Ok, back to my positive outlook!!
  • AllgaierAllgaier member
    edited December 2011
    (hugs)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards