Not Engaged Yet

Really interesting blog article for all of us-planning and not yet planning

My boss sent me (and her daughter) a link to this article. I think she is really really really hoping one of us gets engaged soon. She's not just my boss, but my godmother as well. She's known me forever and a day. She is not at all encouraging BSC tendancies. In fact, her advice has always been (since I was a silly lovestruck teenager), 'Plan the marriage, the life you want. The wedding is just a really fun party to kick off the rest of your life.'
Anyhow, so she sent this article and I think it has some really wonderful points.
Clicky <<
"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
 "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

Re: Really interesting blog article for all of us-planning and not yet planning

• I like that article! The author was on NPR last week and my friends and I were talking about it (most of whom are or have been married.) They all lamented how much they stressed out over the 'little things' when really, it didn't matter. I hope that if I ever get to plan a wedding, BF and I are able to let the little things go and focus on the marriage, not the wedding. 

PS- I like your godmother's quote quite a bit!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep, planning a marriage is for life. I can totally relate to her feelings about being overwhelmed. And it's true, everyone around you cares about The Stuff. She gave great advice!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • That's a really cool article :) I'm going to send it to my sister right now.
  • I read that site (APW) religiously. It really helped me let go of some things (ribbon wands? Not necessary). I also think your godmother's quote rocks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I really liked that article!

• That was a great piece. Thanks for sharing. I think I need to get that book - not because I'm already out of control with (pre)planning, but to keep me grounded when I DO actually start planning. (....IS it considered preplanning if I'm engaged but we don't have a date because we're poor?)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Hahahaha I was just gonna say to bside: For YOU, no it is not pre-planning. Now, if I were to buy the book, well...you would all have ample ammo to flame my ass till it burned for eternity.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_really-interesting-blog-article-of-planning-not-yet-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8274c4fc-b5f5-4906-97c6-da29b0ccce8aPost:404f0753-80a0-4db1-ab4d-178341b3cda7">Really interesting blog article for all of us-planning and not yet planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]My boss sent me (and her daughter) a link to this article. I think she is really really really hoping one of us gets engaged soon. She's not just my boss, but my godmother as well. She's known me forever and a day. She is not at all encouraging BSC tendancies. In fact, her advice has always been (since I was a silly lovestruck teenager), <strong>'Plan the marriage, the life you want. The wedding is just a really fun party to kick off the rest of your life.'</strong> Anyhow, so she sent this article and I think it has some really wonderful points. Clicky <<
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

YES!!!

I just remind myself whenever I start hearing the w-word too much in my mind that, even if every single attempt I someday have at an actual wedding goes wrong, I would still not give up this relationship for anything. No detail is more important than that dude standing up at the altar with ya.
    Cheers, Cara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Also, I'm kind of amused that we all come to the Mecca of wedding-talk and have carved out this tiny little corner to specifically NOT plan anything. Legitimate sentiment, to be sure, but funny location for it.
    Cheers, Cara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been really interested in the idea of mindful shopping - buying from small businesses, eco-friendly, etc. It must be so hard to not get sucked into the big business wedding black hole.

I think your godmother's quote is wonderful. The only part of the TLC show "Platinum Weddings" that I used to like was when they showed couples who'd been married for 40, 50, 60 years and had teeny tiny backyard weddings and they talked about what they actually remembered about their wedding.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • loved this article thank you for sharing!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards