African American Weddings
Options

This is MY wedding and NOT yours....

How come people dont respect that???? I am having a mixer at my house for my wedding party only and my little sister is telling people so now I am getting text about the details for Saturday from her friends(although my friends too). When I let her know that this is for wedding party only she tells me well I need to bring so and so because I need someone to talk to and help me drive. WHAT!!!!! Since when do yo need someone to help you drive??? Am I trippen because I dont want her to bring anyone? We dont have much space in our APT and we are providing the food and that is just another mouth to feed. I am BOILING right now at work about this whole situation....Ladies....if I am be irrational please let me know...I wont get offended.

Re: This is MY wedding and NOT yours....

• Options
    EBONYROBERTEBONYROBERT member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

I agree with you, especially since you are making it all about you and your wedding party. I don't see nothing wrong with that.

• Options
    Yes, you have every right to feel the way you feel. Especially since you told her that it was for your wedding party only. And if someone does show up who is not in your wedding party I would kindly tell them that this was a wedding party only event.
  • Options
    I don't think you are being irrational at all.  You have every right to throw a wedding party only event and that's unfortunate that your lil sis invited people before checking with you Undecided

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited March 2012
    just like pp said u are not being irrational i would let lil sis know this is not acceptable and it would be awkward in my opinion to be at a small gathering with someones wedding party and im not part of that
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  FI and I didnt have an engagement party so we just thought it would be a kind gesture to invite the wedding party and their spouses over for a night of fun, food and drinks.  We some wedding details that we are going to discuss but we wanted to officially thank them for taking this journey to the alter with us. I just feel bad that I cant invite everyone.  My lil sis is sooo hard to work with at times and she doesnt understand this isnt a n open door wedding. Once the day does arrive I will let My venue know that if people show up univited they have no obligation to accomodate them.  I REFUSE TO WALK AWAY WITH A BILL.

OMG....Ladies thank you thank you thank you for letting me vent for a sec. I guess we all have moments to VENT. I luv ya'll
  • Options
    Learn from my mistake!!  If you do this don't call it a "mixer" or "party". Tell your WP that you are having a "meeting" to go over wedding details and your cooking. Then when they get there you can bring out the drinks and extras. 

I had so many people offended when FI and I told the WP we just wanted them to go out to eat and meet each other. 
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_this-is-my-wedding-and-not-yours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:6eeba3dd-6a5f-4f74-b8cb-85d42d158395Post:eff9bf03-d35d-4951-bbf0-de76eda49dea">Re: This is MY wedding and NOT yours....</a>:
    [QUOTE]just like pp said u are not being irrational i would let lil sis know this is not acceptable and it would be awkward in my opinion to be at a small gathering with someones wedding party and im not part of that
    Posted by kikilay17[/QUOTE]

THIS!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards