Catholic Weddings

TGIF!

Let's get something going in here!  Any big weekend plans?
Anniversary

Re: TGIF!

• Awww, everyone must have started their weekend early....

I'm super excited that I get my husband back this weekend from the evil tentactles of school now that he's finished with finals.  Exciting things will ensue such as cleaning/organizing the disastrous office and garage sale-ing if it doesn't rain all weekend!

How about you, prof?
  • I am also getting my husband for the weekend!  We are not big on month-aversaries, but this Saturday will be six months, and we also have a lot to celebrate, so we're going out on a date.  We've also got our nephew's first communion on Saturday!
    Anniversary

• haha... "monthiversaries..." I think you can celebrate 1 month, 6 month, then after that just years.
    Anniversary
  • I don't post here very often, but lurk a bit.... I thought I would say HHEEEYYY....

I sadly don't get my Husband this weekend, he is still held captive on the boat. =( 2 more weeks and then we get to have a proper honeymoon (As opposed to him being on the Naval Ship...)

I am going to a friends wedding, I'm excited for her. She was in my wedding and I am in hers, two weekends apart! I just wish my H was home so I didn't have to go alone, I think people don't believe me when I say that I am married, considering we have spent all of 16 hours together as a married couple.
    Photobucket
  • oh, Amanda! That totally stinks! 
    Anniversary
  • Lala- it is completely alright! It comes with marrying a service member...

Random thought - does anyone reaaallllly want to respond to "May the 4th be with you".... with "And with your Spirit"

I have been thinking about it allllll day. HAHA

Photobucket
  • Bridal shower tomorrow. just found out my FMIL won't be coming. she hasn't been super involved at all (which is a good thing) but I was kind of taken aback when she asked FI the other day what my last name was.... We've been together 2.5+ years and engaged for 15 months. Yeah.
    Anyway, exciting for y'all to get your husbands for a while. I don't know what I would do if I had to go so long without seeing FI!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:857dee42-9045-46e0-96a5-9e26813e2a3aPost:32b67ced-a649-4aab-9a16-f00230bdec0c">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE] does anyone reaaallllly want to respond to "May the 4th be with you".... with " And with your Spirit" I have been thinking about it allllll day. HAHA
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha. Kinda. Or, has anyone else been on a Kairos retreat? This also makes me think of "live the fourth".... thought it actually doesn't really sound the same now that i think of it</div>
    Anniversary
  • Oh, Amanda, I totally get it (although nowhere close to the extent of your separation).  About two weeks after we were married, H moved off to the Texas panhandle.  We're being relocated to OKC and I'm counting down the days until school gets out and I can join him!
    Anniversary

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Amanda - your picture is sublime! Do you have a full shot of the Church? Would LOVE to see it!

I'm still at work, and might be working late. And might be working over the weekend :-(

But, I'm not gonna lie I am rocking it at work lately. Like BIG TIME. Sorry for the not-so-humble-brag!
  • Riss -

It is a weird camera lense, but you get the idea. And how lucky was my H who got to grow up in the beautiful church!?
    Photobucket
  • TGIF -- just got home from a long day (plus an always-fun trip to the DMV). DH and I are going to go to dinner and baby-registering tonight, which should be fun (but not as selfishly fun as getting wedding-kitchen goodies). Baby registering is all practical (seems silly to register for the cute blankets and frilly dresses that are the fun baby things).

Ladies -- getting close to those hubbies coming home! Yay!

Amanda -- gorgeous church! Growing up there is the kind of thing that will totally spoil you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my gosh Amanda those photos take my breath away! What a beautiful church!!

Hello everyone! My bachelorette party is tomorrow night which I'm really excited for.  I get to see all my girls!!!!
  • I have two baby showers this weekend and spent part of the afternoon with my MIL and her friend crafting a diaper cake, during which I was quizzed on whether H and I have discussed names for our future children.  The trend in his family has been to have children within a year of marriage, so I hope they aren't expecting us to follow suit!  (Though last month when I commented that I hadn't been feeling well lately, his aunt made some presumptuous comments.  No, Auntie, I just meant seasonal allergies!)

Re: Amanda's church: I'm also here in Oklahoma, and Monday daily Mass is held in the cathedral's main sanctuary.  Having always attended suburban parishes, I very much enjoy having close access to a cathedral :)
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:857dee42-9045-46e0-96a5-9e26813e2a3aPost:e4e7a3a8-a23d-4fa8-8696-af7df2cc2544">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have two baby showers this weekend and spent part of the afternoon with my MIL and her friend crafting a diaper cake, during which I was quizzed on whether H and I have discussed names for our future children.  The trend in his family has been to have children within a year of marriage, so I hope they aren't expecting us to follow suit!  (Though last month when I commented that I hadn't been feeling well lately, his aunt made some presumptuous comments.  No, Auntie, I just meant seasonal allergies!) R<strong>e: Amanda's church: I'm also here in Oklahoma, and Monday daily Mass is held in the cathedral's main sanctuary.  Having always attended suburban parishes, I very much enjoy having close access to a cathedral :)</strong>
    Posted by Nickie431[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you go to the Cathedral!? Such a beautiful church... I knew even before H was the one that the church was where i was going to get married at... HAHA. I don't live in that part of OK, but when ever I visit H's family I just love going to mass there... I admit to having a hard time listening sometime because I get so distracted by the beauty of it all.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Gorgeous!!!
  • [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF! : Do you go to the Cathedral!? Such a beautiful church... I knew even before H was the one that the church was where i was going to get married at... HAHA. I don't live in that part of OK, but when ever I visit H's family I just love going to mass there... I admit to having a hard time listening sometime because I get so distracted by the beauty of it all.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>I rarely go to the Cathedral for Sunday Mass but sometimes stop in for daily Mass, since they offer one at noon.  (Most are held in the chapel rather than the main sanctuary, though.)  It was only a few years ago that they painted the interior the bright colors; before then it had been mostly white.  I had to chuckle to myself when I was at a wedding show and a photographer commented about a wedding she'd shot at the Cathedral.  The bride had been angry about the painting, because she'd picked her magenta bridesmaid dresses to go with the white interior and then thought the photos clashed with the new bright colors!  I guess neither the bride nor anyone in the family was frequently attending Mass, because they sure didn't paint and stencil that place in a week, haha!</div>
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Wow lots of showers this weekend! I just graduated today, so today is going really well for me and I'm headed to Oregon tomorrow to spend some time with my sister :o
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:857dee42-9045-46e0-96a5-9e26813e2a3aPost:c1d434e4-9d7c-4cb7-bafe-bf29811eaac9">Re:TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow lots of showers this weekend! I just graduated today, so today is going really well for me and I'm headed to Oregon tomorrow to spend some time with my sister :o
    Posted by shawna127[/QUOTE]

<div>Congratulations!</div>
    Anniversary

• Well, Docta would be proud of me... I went to my first Cleveland Indians game last night! It was pretty fun, but VERY cold! With the hot weather we've been having, we all kind of forgot that the forecast last night of "in the 50s" is REALLY cold, lol, and didn't really dress appropriately!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:857dee42-9045-46e0-96a5-9e26813e2a3aPost:1f806773-7010-4aa7-b6fa-0a81f69384a3">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, Docta would be proud of me... I went to my first Cleveland Indians game last night! It was pretty fun, but VERY cold! With the hot weather we've been having, we all kind of forgot that the forecast last night of "in the 50s" is REALLY cold, lol, and didn't really dress appropriately!
    Posted by lalaith50[/QUOTE]

'Round here, weather in the 50s is national-disaster cold, at least the way people talk. I'm convinced that it's all about what your body gets acclimated to (like we can handle really hot weather, so we're not-so-great with the cold).

Shawna -- lots of congrats on graduation! That is sooo exciting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a little behind here, but this is my birthday weekend, so it's been pretty great! Came home after a week of truly surreal personnel issues (seriously, a 47-year-old having their FATHER call us to plead the case not to fire them?) to lovely flowers from my DH. We had a quiet day yesterday - I worked out, he went turkey hunting - then I sang at Mass. Today is my actual birthday...and my sweetie made me THE BEST. Blueberry pancakes ever. Had another workout, and now we're just having quiet time together. Nothing exciting, but all very, very nice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • yay! Happy birthday, Linda!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:857dee42-9045-46e0-96a5-9e26813e2a3aPost:1f806773-7010-4aa7-b6fa-0a81f69384a3">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, Docta would be proud of me... I went to my first Cleveland Indians game last night! It was pretty fun, but VERY cold! With the hot weather we've been having, we all kind of forgot that the forecast last night of "in the 50s" is REALLY cold, lol, and didn't really dress appropriately!
    Posted by lalaith50[/QUOTE]

<div>Booooo!  They beat my Rangers!  =(  I'll bet it was a great game if you're an Indians fan, though!</div><div>
    </div><div>Happy birthday, Linda!</div>
    Anniversary

• Sounds like everyone's had exciting weekends!  Mine has been nice.  FI and I spent a lot of time with my family this weekend, so that was nice. 

Congrats on graduating, Shawna!  That's such a huge accomplishment! 

• Thank you ladies so much! Sorry I didn't mean to post and run, this is the first time I've been online since graduation :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards