Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Rehearsal Dinner

Is your photographer going to take pictures during the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner? Is this worth it or no?

image213 Invited
image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Mine is, but our photographers try to come to the rehearsal itself to see how things are going to be set up, meet the people who are going to be involved in the wedding itself.  I asked about the rehearsal dinner and they're throwing it in for free, but we have some interesting family dynamics that I warned them about that they want to see play out before the wedding day.
  • It was an upgraded package for us to have the photographer at our reception.  Fortunately, both my mother and dear friend are photographers (although not in business) and they have both assured me that they will be taking plenty of photos to capture the day.

Although I do think it would have been nice to have the rehearsal captured in the same photographic style.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We didn't.  I have heard of people doing it for the reasons the PP mentioned but we just took photos with our own camera at the RD.  I didn't even think of getting pictures of the actual rehearsal until after the fact and I wish we would have.
  • We are because my photographer has never photographed at the venue before, it would be nice if she did this for free considering... but that's fine.  Then she's joining us for the rehearsal so she can get to know the important players she'll be photographing the next day.  I think it will help everyone the day of.
  • We're not having our photographer come to the rehearsal or the rehearsal dinner. I've only heard of this in a couple wedding magazines of the no-price-too-high kind.

We barely take our cameras on vacation. We're just not the kind of people constantly taking pictures to put on facebook or whatever. I consider the rehearsal a "working" time with the Priests explaining the complicated ceremony to people who aren't members of the church, and the rehearsal dinner a big family dinner. Not the kind of things we would think to have a professional document.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards