New Jersey - South

Alterations

Hey Ladies!
I just picked my dress up today from Davids... I am getting married in May and because I already know my dress will have to have alterations done to it, I was told to make an appt. in Janurary... I was just curious as to where you ladies may have gone for your alterations... How were the prices? Did they do a good job? Anything you could tell me would be wonderful!! Have a great Holiday! :)
Oh yeah I live near Cherry Hill if that helps...
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    im also just trying to compare any prices with Davids.. Just looking for reccomendations for the girls and I to go..
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ellie*xoEllie*xo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i haven't gotten my dress yet, but i've heard some buzz (all good) on this board about Fashion Stitch in Mount Laurel.  let me know what you find out.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Fashion Stitch in Mt. Laurel has gotten many rave reviews on this board.  I'm considering them for my dress.
  • edited December 2011
    awesome! thanks ladies.. ill check them out.. and ellie illl let you know what i find out!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in November and took my dress to Fashion Stitch, as did my mother.  Yeon, the owner, did a wonderful job on both of our dresses and mine needed quite a bit of alterations and she put on a pretty intricate bustle since my train was long.  My dress was strapless with a very low cut back and I told her I just don't want to be yanking it up all night, and whatever she did to my dress, it fit me perfectly.  My mother can sew, knows a lot about fabrics, etc. and also though Yeon's work was outstanding.  I know some people have had good experiences at David's for alterations but more often than not I've heard to steer clear of them for alterations.  Feel free to email me if you have any other questions, ehoward28 at gmail dot com 
  • edited December 2011
    I also used Fashion Stitch in Mount Laurel for my alterations for my wedding in August.  4 of my bridesmaids did as well.  She was amazing and very reasonable too.  You should start alterations about 2 months before your wedding. 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks so much ladies :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I will be using fashion stitch.  I'm going next Saturday for my first appointment and my wedding is February 27, don't go too early.  A couple of months is good.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Fashion Stitch.  I'm picking my dress up on Saturday and when I called, she said to bring in my dress for alterations in March for my May wedding.
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yeon is seriously just so wonderful.  She made a corset back out of my gown and added material (yes I ordered too small).  It looked better than before.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards