Canada-Ontario

May, outdoor wedding?

I am having my wedding mid-May next year, and Im debating if it will be too cold for an outdoor ceremony?!?

Re: May, outdoor wedding?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can be so hard to predict in Toronto, I find! On the one hand, it might be cold in May... on the other hand, it could be sweltering hot in July or August (like it was this year).

Sites on the water will always be a little cooler. Well shielded inland sites won't be so bad even if it's a little cool.

I say, go for it... but have a backup plan! Also, keep the ceremony short if you can.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ring_pop. This year, May was fabulous and would have been perfect for an outdoor wedding, but some years it would be pretty chilly.

If you can find a location where you could move the ceremony indoors if you had to, or if you could arrange for outdoor heaters and a tent - or any other backup plan you can think of - then go for it.
  • edited December 2011
    I third ring_pop. You never know in Toronto. I would say if that's your dream go for it. But either have a back-up, or give pashiminas to your guests as favours, and definitely keep it short :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much guys! that makes me feel much better, and there is a location on site where we could move it if it was too cold. I will plan for the outdoor ceremony, keep it short, and move it only if necissary!

Thanks again :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I was married on May 8th of this year. When I left work the thursday before the wedding it was 28 and sunny-beautiful! But by wedding day it was only 3 degrees with 60 km winds, so weather can be so unpredictable.

I love outdoor ceremonies, just make sure you have a PLAN B.
  • suellen2bwedsuellen2bwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have planned an outdoor wedding for May 29th (memorial day weekend for Americans) as long as I can remember our long weekend the weekend before is cold and rainy, but the follwoing weekend is (Memorial day) is always beautiful, I am hoping for this pattren to contine May 2011 ... Good Luck with your weather!
  • edited December 2011
    So tough... and so hit and miss...  I would be so on the fence!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards