October 2012 Weddings
Options

Registering

So we began the registration for our wedding and its a little overwhelming. We bought our house 3 years ago so we have a good amount of stuff. We starting registering for servingware and upgrades to pots and pans but I don't know how I'm going to register for enough stuff for 2 showers and wedding. Brides who have a house and lived together before walking down the aisle what are you registering for?

Re: Registering

• Options
    I plan to register for things I've wanted but haven't purchased or haven't been able to afford - Kitchenaid mixer, bread maker, yogurt maker (I eat a LOT of yogurt), etc. I'm getting more and more adventurous with cooking so I also want to register for things like a dutch oven, cast iron pot for soups, immersion blender, etc.

For upgrades, we're going to register for nicer every-day dinner wear, cookware and bakeware, sheets, towels, a new duvet (ours is starting to get old), stuff like that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We bought our house in November, we have everything we need.  We are going big into upgrades.  We also focused an things that we normally wouldn't buy for ourselves, more formal dinnerware, a kindle, the coveted Kitchenaid etc,  Also things you can never seem to have enough of or that break easily, serving spoons, kitchen towels, tupperware, glasses, serving dishes.  It was extremely difficult to pick things.  I left FI unattended and there's a nerf gun on ours.
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We also bought our house in November so we have a ton of things. I'm also going the upgrade route. However, I wouldnt register for things just becasue you feel like you have to have enough gifts for everything. The registry should be enough for your showers and then a few extras. People will most likely just give money/gift cards if the registry is pretty well picked over.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_registering-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:247b83d7-0bfc-4b35-86cf-835004f184fePost:e875b046-b790-46d3-bb0d-f4018259e569">Re: Registering</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan to register for things I've wanted but haven't purchased or haven't been able to afford - Kitchenaid mixer, bread maker, <strong>yogurt maker (I eat a LOT of yogurt),</strong> etc. I'm getting more and more adventurous with cooking so I also want to register for things like a dutch oven, cast iron pot for soups, immersion blender, etc. For upgrades, we're going to register for nicer every-day dinner wear, cookware and bakeware, sheets, towels, a new duvet (ours is starting to get old), stuff like that.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

What is a yogurt maker and where are you registered?

And haha, a nerf gun. I feel like FI would do that too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_registering-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:247b83d7-0bfc-4b35-86cf-835004f184fePost:ff8a90da-1ab3-4608-b194-b939d12bb202">Re: Registering</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Registering : What is a yogurt maker and where are you registered? And haha, a nerf gun. I feel like FI would do that too.
    Posted by lepoissonrouge[/QUOTE]

<div>A yogurt maker makes yogurt. You need the cultures and some milk, and it makes the yogurt. My Dad has one and it took about 12-16 hours to make it. We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We registered for a new duvet, some upgraded lamps, a lot of bakeware/serveware that neither FI and I need or have. We registered for things like a chip and dip, cake stand, prep bowls, etc.

We also registered for a lot of camping stuff. I don't camp and FI has mostly cheap camp stuff, so we upgraded.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Also bought my house 3 years ago and have lived with fiance for just as long. Like PPs, we're just upgrading because most of the stuff we've had are stuff from college or hand-me downs. The stuff I'm most excited for:
    dyson vacuum and a keurig coffee thing
    3 sets of nice sheets (for our bed as well as our guest bed)
    servingware and entertainment sets (no more paper plates and plastic party cups!)

i would also recommend registering for really nice knives if you don't have those yet...like wusthof, henckels, or global. You don't need knife sets, just a couple of good knives.

we probably won't have that much on our list but we figured registries are just suggestions.
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    I've been living with my fianc for 5 years. And we live in manhattan. There is NO space for anything else. If you've lived or been in an apt in Manhattan you know what I mean. So I'm doing a honeymoon registry through Honeyfund. This is a bit controversial. Some etiquette nazis are very against it. But it depends on your circumstance. You can also register for Sandals resorts or museum trips, etc for your honeymoon.
  • Options
    We've been living together for 2+ yrs and owned our house for over a yr.  We have most everything we need, but will probably upgrade some of the basics.  I know I've had the same towels since going off to college!  We will probably register for new towels, sheets, knives, dutch oven, & we NEED a new vaccum and I want a carpet cleaner since we have a messy pup.  We have tossed around the idea of a honeyfund.  But I know its against etiquette and I hate the fact that the website takes part of it.

• Options
    FI and I have lived together for 4 years. We registered for upgrades to our pots and pans, towels, knives, some fine china, new every day dishes, etc. The things we registered for are classic and durable so they should last a long time. We registered at Macy's and Williams-Sonoma
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ya our biggest excitement was registering for matching towels and new sheets. Other than that I really want a garment steamer.  And we registered for some odds and ends kitchen stuff that we don't have and probably won't use but they seemed like fun. I did one of amazon and have started using their universal registry button, thing and might start just tagging stuff from the lowes and home depots sites, stuff that we actually need.  I really wish those stores had a real registry system it'd probably be the only one we'd use.
  • Options
    fi is funny i wanted to put all the crazy neat gadgets on it and he wouldnt let me!
    also all the coveted things fi buys me as presents < the kitchen aid mixer, the kindle and the keurig  .... 3 differant christmas oh and i got a mini pie maker one birthday! lol ! i am probally the easiest person in the world to shop for but he seems to need to be told appliances arent romantic even if i say its something i want lol .... my dad is the same way he likes to give us a flat screen tv, and a kitchenaid toaster oven />

we registered for upgrades, towels, sheets, everyday dishes, fine china ect
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_registering-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:247b83d7-0bfc-4b35-86cf-835004f184fePost:1f6b0ad4-7992-4c00-aa79-91375c8f505e">Re: Registering</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I left FI unattended and there's a nerf gun on ours.
    Posted by Seipel12[/QUOTE]

...My FI would do this.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    We've been living together for 6 years. My mom has bought the coveted mixer, so that basically took away anything I wanted to register for. We put together some small things we needed/upgrade on ie: duvet cover, new spatulas and small bathroom things. We're doing a small registry anyways to get the point across we don't want anything. There might be 25 things between our 3 registeries.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    sbaglionesbaglione member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We also have been living together and have bought a house 2 years ago. We did some upgrades as well. New Sheets, Towels etc. But we also did a honeymoon registry with our travel agent we booked it with. I think people would rather give you a gift of money towards your honeymoon rather then get you something you dont really need but felt like you had to ask for it.
  • Options
    We have been living together for over 5 years now, and have a house together, so this is very hard for us to. I wish there was an easy way to say...we want cash. lol We are going to register at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for a mixer and some other things we dont have and some upgrades. I also am registering at Tervis Tumbler...we cant have enough tumblers! :)  I was thinking about Lowes or Home Depot for gift cards bc we are going to completely re-do the whole house! We just started in the guest bath last weekend...so we have a lot to do. haha
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards