Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Guitar & violin ceremony music ideas..

We are thinking of having an instrumental version of I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab played by my cousins on the guitar and violin (the violin would play the part thats normally sung). We both are in love with the song and both love the guitar and violin, but we can't think of any other songs to use that would sound nice on the guitar & violin. We'd use the Death Cab song for the bridesmaid, so we'd need one for me to walk down. Any ideas?

Our other thought was using a song by Vitamin String Quartet for me to walk down. Would it be weird to have live instrumental music played just for the bridesmaids and then have recorded music for me?

Re: Guitar & violin ceremony music ideas..

• edited December 2011
    I'd say stick with either all recorded music or all live music (I'm a musician, and personally I prefer live music at wedding ceremonies).

And the guitar/violin combo sounds really nice!  You have TONS of options that way, the violin playing the melody, and guitar playing chords, just like you said.

What was the Vitamin String Quartet song you thought of walking down the isle to?  If there's a way they could play it, I'd say go with that!

If you do choose to have both live and recorded, just make sure that the performers/DJ each know exactly when to play and have good timing.  You don't want overlapping of music or awkward pauses!  (Or perhaps I'm just super picky about that sort of thing!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards