Wedding Party

Younger members of the Wedding Party

I am not close (haven't even met one of them) with my two young cousins and my fiance isn't close with his young cousins either.  We live on the other side of the country from them. 
I grew up babysitting two sets of families and am very close with both sets of parents and their kids.  The older girls will be 12 at the time of the wedding and I'd like to include them in some way.  From the other family the kids will be 6 and 4 and I'm contemplating asking them to be flower girl and ring bearer unless the parents want a day w/o the kids.  Is it rude to ask these children outside the family to be a part of the wedding and not ask related cousins??
Wedding Countdown Ticker 177 Invited image
3 Yes image
0 No image
174 ? image

Re: Younger members of the Wedding Party

• I think you can ask whoever you want. If it will cause drama, I would have no FG or RB before I would ask kids I had never met.

But also, you should put "XP:" before the title of your post if you are putting it on multiple boards :-)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • It'd be dumb to ask random people to be in the wedding party. Blood relatives aren't owed a spot in your wedding. The parents would be nuts if they held a grudge over you not including kids you've never met.

If you are close to the babysitting kids, ask them. If you are mainly asking them because you want to fill the flower girl/ring bearer roles, then I personally would not.
  • Oof, don't ask kids you've never met...you don't know anything about their behavior or ability to sit still or follow directions or anything- recipe for disaster.  Either ask the kids you're close to, or, if you're really afraid the cousins will be offended (but they probably won't be), don't have child attendants.
  • Great advice everyone and thanks for the note about "XP" :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 177 Invited image
    3 Yes image
    0 No image
    174 ? image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards