• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

Wedding Thank You Eyeroll

I know the board is really dead, especially today, but I just had to share this thank you card H and I got.  First of all, it was sent to IL's house.  Why?  I don't know.  H has lived in his (our) house for 6 years (so its not like we just moved) and the couple has even been to our house.  Plus, they were invited to our wedding and received a shower thank you and a wedding thank you card, so they have seen our address.

Second, it was addressed to Mr. Michael R____  and wife.  I was a little dumbfounded.  I don't think I've ever addressed anybody as wife.  Its not a big deal.  Its not like we're friends with them.  We'll probably never see them again.  I just thought it was really funny and strange and had to share.

Baby boy 7.10.13

Re: Wedding Thank You Eyeroll

• Wow!! I agree with the Wife thing, was that on the outside of the letter? Did they use your first names on the inside!?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • It was on the outside and they didn't use my name on the inside.  The outside was printed on labels, so they probably had at one point typed "and wife" and forgot to fix it.  It mostly made me laugh because through the planning process this bride's mother told H's Mom "bride is going to have a champagne toast at the wedding, not having one would be rude to the guests; bride is going to have snacks for late at night, anything else would be rude to the guests, etc."

So MIL would come to me wondering why I was being so rude to the guests for not providing them with "necessities" we couldn't afford.  Maybe its bitchy of me, but I was just happy that at least in one area, this bride wasn't the picture of ettiquette to her guest.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • oh jeez! that's ridiculous!
  • Ohhhhh come on wtf is that. You have a name!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Did she realize writing "and wife" is actually longer than Mr "and Mrs"?
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow that is crazy.  I can not ever imagine being called "and wife" on anything.  Makes me almost want to call her and introduce myself and say really, my parents did give me a real name and it is not "and wife" so instead of paying for a champagne toast and late night snacks and this and that, maybe you should have paid for someone to review your address labels.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    image image
  • I can see why you're rolling your eyes!

If it makes you feel any better, a girl who H considers to be "like a sister" sent us an invite for her wedding to Mr. Husband and guest.  At the time, we were two months from our wedding and had been together for a year.  She had also received our wedding invite before she sent hers, with my full name plastered on it.  I so wanted to introduce myself as "and guest" to her at my wedding.

PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • K - Mike thought it was really funny that I got a thank you card addressed like that, because my sister got married last December, H and I were engaged, I was living in his house and my invitation came addressed to me "and guest".  I actually got 7 wedding invitations with an "and guest" in the year we were engaged.  H called me "wife" after seeing that thank you card, so I just called him "guest".

Heather - I should.   Although, maybe I should tell her that champagne is an acceptable apology present.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Hahahaha that's kind of amazing =P
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • RUDE. 
    I'm STILL annoyed that we never got a thank you card from a couple that we 
    1. Flew all the way down to Jacksonville, FL to attend.
    2. Bought 200 bucks worth of gifts- all the things the groom said she reeeeally wanted from the registry) 
    3. Never got an RSVP back from regarding OUR wedding. 
    4. Never got so much as a "congrats" card/fb comment/ message/ etc. 

Rude. 
    So freakin' rude. 
    lol 
  • FTL, I'm trying to get mad on your behalf, cuz that really is some rude sh!t, but I'm so distracted by how gorgeous you look and how happy the two of you look in your siggy pic that I keep forgettiing to be mad and just end up giggling at the cuteness!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • WOW. There were some people whose names we couldn't remember, but we addressed them "Mr. and Mrs. soandso" NOT "wife." Some people are amazing. 

And on a side note, still cannot get H to write the 5 thank you notes he's responsible for. Speaking of rude!!! Mine went out in October.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_wedding-thank-eyeroll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:010eabed-7a87-4d42-9c44-b20690f3df1cPost:7d6e043c-b0f0-4487-8480-0ba8be8b1810">Re: Wedding Thank You Eyeroll</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW. There were some people whose names we couldn't remember, but we addressed them "Mr. and Mrs. soandso" NOT "wife." Some people are amazing. <strong> And on a side note, still cannot get H to write the 5 thank you notes he's responsible for. Speaking of rude!!! Mine went out in October</strong>.
    Posted by balletdawn[/QUOTE]

Last week, while looking for something in H's car, I found 3 thank you notes he was supposed to mail 2 months ago! 
    image Anniversary
  • Wow that's bad.  Sounds out the 1950s when women's only role was "wife."  I LOVE people who are on their etiquette high-horse and then miss the basics (and/or just come off as pompous a**holes).  Etiquette certainly has its purpose and place but 1 don't make stuff up (late night snack as etiquette...nope) and two don't judge others unless you're perfect.  People are *interesting*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards