Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitations--Children not at wedding

I'm having a semi small wedding (budgeting for 80) and I know a lot of people have children (multiple children).  I don't know how to let people know that the only kids that will be in attendance are mine and my bridal parties.  I might be able to add one additional table of ten because the kids menu is much cheaper but I don't know how to add this into the inviitations.  Any hlep with this would be great.  Thanks!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitations--Children not at wedding

• Just make sure that you address the invitations to the adults/people you want to invite. For example, Joe and Jane Smith would be:

Mr. and Mrs. Joe Smith

If they have children you would like to invite:
    Mr. and Mrs. Joe Smith
    Julie and James Smith

Don't put, "Smith Family". If, for example, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Smith RSVP for themselves and their children, and if you did not invite their children, politely call them and say that the invitation was only for them and you hope they understand and are able to attend. No need to explain that your childen and the children of your bridal party will be there.
  • My friend sent invites that simply stated "respectfully no children", which I thought was a nice, non-confusing way to do it.  We might be doing the same at ours.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitations-children-not-at-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e6e3be3a-3fbb-444f-806b-f6e00a0e7853Post:06a389f9-b7f3-4c42-a7ea-e3c1404a0f74">Re: Invitations--Children not at wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend sent invites that simply stated <strong>"respectfully no children",</strong> which I thought was a nice, non-confusing way to do it.  We might be doing the same at ours.
    Posted by jenndaledale[/QUOTE]

No, I would not do this and your friend should not have either. It's rude to point out who is NOT invited on an invitation; you should only list those people who ARE invited.

Simply address the invitations to just the parents. If they still RSVP for kids, you'll have to call and explain the invite was only for them. Some may decline to come because of it, but stand your ground and say, "You will be missed!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitations-children-not-at-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e6e3be3a-3fbb-444f-806b-f6e00a0e7853Post:06a389f9-b7f3-4c42-a7ea-e3c1404a0f74">Re: Invitations--Children not at wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend sent invites that simply stated "respectfully no children", which I thought was a nice, non-confusing way to do it.  We might be doing the same at ours.
    Posted by jenndaledale[/QUOTE]

Doing this is fine, no one will judge you.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitations-children-not-at-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e6e3be3a-3fbb-444f-806b-f6e00a0e7853Post:b37e733d-6912-4e2b-a6e1-125b62ac792b">Re: Invitations--Children not at wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitations--Children not at wedding : Doing this is fine, no one will judge you.
    Posted by sheikscorpio88[/QUOTE]

Um.  You are mistaken to think no one will judge you.  Spend an hour cruising these boards and you will see brides posting plenty of stories about how they were judged for doing this.
  • DO NOT put anything such as 'no children' or anything of that ilk on your invite. Simply address the invitations properly as PP mentioned. 

• Thank you very much. I think I will address it to just the Adults and if they RSVP for more than themselves I will give them a call. Thanks again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards