Connecticut

CT Ladies! How did you weather the storm?

I know it's not over, but I hope everyone is safe in all of this!

Re: CT Ladies! How did you weather the storm?

• Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto!  I can't wait until the weekend and the nice weather!

We ended up with about 1.5" of water in our basement.  The sump pump has been running non-stop!  Ahh the joys of home-ownership!
  • edited December 2011
    The drive to work this morning was treacherous. Luckily our basement was not flooded. Can't wait for the sunshine!
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got completely soaked walking into work today! I had to walk through 2 inches of water, so my heels and feet were entirely drenched. And then I had to walk across campus in the pouring rain - not a good day, but I am looking forward to the supposed sun on Thursday!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I pretty much almost blew away this morning!

I agree......SUN where are you?!?!?!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am SO looking forward to sunshine!

This weather has made more work for DH and me.  Our finished basement flooded so DH spent time with the wet vac and I made trips up the stairs to get things out of there.  We may be able to salvage the carpet since we think it's indoor/outdoor but the smartypants that lived there before us put down an indoor pad which will get mold and stink to the high heavens.

I am SO sick of rain!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we were fine, but i'm nervous about the house we're closing on in 2 weeks!  they have a sump pump, and when we did the inspection it was broken.  they agreed to fix it...i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they fixed it before all this rain!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ct-ladies-did-weather-storm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:4fef169c-1be2-482c-9c1f-eb971480b83fPost:9018c243-82fe-4a45-8836-6051abe2a43f">Re: CT Ladies! How did you weather the storm?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I pretty much almost blew away this morning! I agree......SUN where are you?!?!?!
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

It should be sunny by Wednesday afternoon...then 60 to 70 the rest of the week...at least down here...
  • edited December 2011
    omg my basement flooded and we had to put a sump pump in, soooooo shitty. cant wait for the sun what would we do without it?????
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm very much looking forward to the sun coming back!

Banana I'm sorry your basement flooded! I hope you guys are able to salvage the carpet!
  • edited December 2011
    We were lucky, the worst that happened to us is that our dog ate our umbrella.  We had some water in the basement, but we have a drain that for the most part gets rid of it.  The sidewalks in my neighborhood where flooded, which does not make walking the dog fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the middle part of the state so we have fared better than the ladies down in Southern CT, it looks like....no basement flooding thankfully!

It's stopped now - looking out my office window - cannot wait for the sun to return tomorrow / Friday. Enough already of this wet, dreary, windy nonsense!!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We're hanging in there.  I think tonight DH and I may start the bucket brigade again.  I'm just happy that it's not raining!
  • edited December 2011
    hmm yeah my basment and garage had some water in them. ick.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ct-ladies-did-weather-storm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:4fef169c-1be2-482c-9c1f-eb971480b83fPost:d0818a00-f471-485a-bb9d-65ea9255d4c7">CT Ladies! How did you weather the storm?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it's not over, but I hope everyone is safe in all of this!
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

I had a nightmare at our venue worrying about losing power! It ended up all working out though!  :) Who knew CT was such a hot spot for crazy weahter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards